dTor v1.0RC1 Available now on Android Central!

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Why are we having to PAY for this app? 1. This app promotes illegal activity, it's only a matter of time before Google finds out and removes it, and there goes everyones $5

2. Tried 3 different devices, all force close, reopen, fc, reopen, fc. Uninstalled.. wont be buying this as who actually PAYS for a torrent app? Even on a regular computer, if you pay for a torrent app, you're a sucker.

EDIT: One of my buddies paid for Limewire a few years back..guess what? they sent him an email telling him he was a sucker for paying for it and they pretty much said thanks for the $40 bucks, sucker.

EDIT1: I'm not normally the one who knocks torrent apps, but having to pay for it and then there's a good chance it'll get removed from the marketplace is just, not smart, no offense to the dev, lol.

Ever wonder what happened to iMusic and iVideo? yep.

Last edited:

Marrewijk

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Same here,fc all the time.paused or stopped torrents are not able to restart. Samsung galaxy s. Happy to test new rc.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok, All. 3rd times a charm. Lets try this version. I am releasing this RC3 version, which is designed to fix the HTC issues. Hopefully, this will be stable and we can repair some other minor issues and move on to other updates.

If all goes well with this release, I will post it on the App Market as a general update.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8467940/dTor_1.0.2_rc3.apk

Thank you for your patience.

Jason
Blue Planet Apps
@blueplanetapps
Blue Planet Apps Website

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok, the debug logs are looking better and we are closer to solving this problem. The source of the problem is the way Android handles communications and the nature of torrents. By default torrent apps try to download at max speed using max resources, in the mobile world we need to download at max speed with the LEAST amount of resources, with each platform being different it is a real challenge. I will be happy when we get this to a stable release and can move on to other things.

Thanks again to all those people who have downloaded and have been patient enough to realize that this is a work in progress and we are updating it regularly. Of course, even with that we get one star reviews for the FC feature on the market :) Really gets the spirits up :) lol. Its cool. I will make this the best file sharing app, it is just a matter of time... One thing is certain, I and my team will never abandon our users.

Jason
Blue Planet Apps

slthree

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
speaking from personal experience. . . I forwarded any issues I had to the developers. I was extremely surprised and impressed at how quick I received a response, (within minutes of sending original e-mail) and at the support and willingness to help that the developers displayed while collecting info, and giving assistance. Some people just aren't happy unless they are complaining. . . LOL slthree has more issues than the developers of this app can assist with lol. . .

Your ignorance is comical. How'd that feel to flex your conveniently "anonymous" internet muscle? LOL

I was impressed EARLY on with these guys and told them so. They did reply to EARLY emails and I did everything they asked me to do.

However, they quickly STOPPED replying when they realized they could not get this app to work for me.

I have beta tested before for many developers and have never had a problem if an app didnt work, as long as the developer would keep trying, keep the communication open.

These guys just QUIT. They stopped altogether.

Your ignorance and false bravado is slightly amusing so feel free to respond and look like a jack*** again

Mudvayne622

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
so i just tryed the newest verion on my droid X. I searched for a torrent. selected the file. held menu and opened the torrent i downloaded and the app FC"d. Tried again...same result. So i loaded a torrent file from demonoid onto my phone and tried opening that. Same result. So i used Dolphin HD to go to Demonoid and download it that way. Same failed result. Whats the deal? I understand it is a beta , but i would atleast like to see it work for a few seconds like other ppl.

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Your ignorance is comical. How'd that feel to flex your conveniently "anonymous" internet muscle? LOL

I was impressed EARLY on with these guys and told them so. They did reply to EARLY emails and I did everything they asked me to do.

However, they quickly STOPPED replying when they realized they could not get this app to work for me.

I have beta tested before for many developers and have never had a problem if an app didnt work, as long as the developer would keep trying, keep the communication open.

These guys just QUIT. They stopped altogether.

Your ignorance and false bravado is slightly amusing so feel free to respond and look like a jack*** again

Well, I have to take issue with this moronic statement. Normally I would not respond, but we have been working our butts off to get this software working well on all platforms and variations.

If you would like I can show this forum your correspondence with us and our response. As a beta tester, you submitted information and ultimately gave us a log of your device which was giving you issues. That was all the information we needed from you and until we needed something further or until you had something new to share with us, no further contact was required. I don't understand why you think that we are supposed to email you and work with you on a constant basis to get obviously buggy software running on just your device? We have to work to support everyones device. I thanked you very much for your input and your time and that is exactly what a beta tester is supposed to do. It sounds to me like your more upset that you gave you time and effort and did not get some free software out of it that you thought would work right out of the gate. I have no problem giving away free software to those that help us, but your reaction is a little off the reservation.

We are putting out updates of the software almost every business day. The only day my programmers get off is Sat and Sun and I expect another release to go out today. I personally respond to EVERY email that comes in to the company. I make a point of doing this. Sure, at some point it will hopefully become impossible to keep that up, but right now I can do that, which is how I know exactly what our conversations were.

Regardless of what you think, we are going to resolve these pressing issues, and put out a quality product. However, one thing I would suggest, if your going to help a developer test software that is buggy and needing "testing", that is a great HELP to developers and you should expect NOTHING in return except some free software, eventually. But, posting crap like this in public forums with information that is total nonsense does nothing but hurt the developer and you.

Thanks again for your support.

Jason
President
Blue Planet App, LLC
Blue Planet Apps Website
@blueplanetapps

slthree

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Isn't it funny that you choose NOW to finally reply to me. I tell the TRUTH about my experience with you and it appears the TRUTH hurt you enough to force you to communicate.

You want to do this publically? Fine, let's do it.

I have beta tested for numerous developers across numerous platforms and the only thing I expect is good COMMUNICATION.

I wished you well with your product and have the emails to prove it. I am doing you a favor when I test a product because I am the one who suffers the crashes, force closes, and possibility of bricking my very expensive phone, albeit remote.

As previously stated, you started by responding to me and gradually just stopped. After I sent you the first log, you responded. We were having a "conversation". But, when you could not fix the problem you chose to RUN and HIDE. That's not a quality that most beta testers are looking for in a developer.

And, while we're at it, Being deceptive is also not a quality we like in developers.You lied to me when you said that I was the "only one" who couldn't get the program to open/work. Soon after that, numerous people reported they could not get the program to work.

In fact, I asked for anyone to come forward and testify that it worked, seeing that you claimed mine was the "only" one not working. What a shock when numerous people confirmed you to be a liar when they stated they too could not get the program to work.

Arrogant developers who fail to communicate and who lie on message boards will not get very far.

Clearly, you don't follow the business model of the developers who have droves of loyal customers. Like many others, there are a handful of developers I will buy anything from because they support their product, speak truthfully, and communicate liberally.

Lastly, I find your comment that posts like this hurt the developer and me to be comical. I agree wholeheartedly that telling the TRUTH about you can, and should do damage to you. There are a lot of smart, discerning consumers here. But, as far as hurting me... well, that's just absurd. I don't develop apps for devices for a living.

The only thing you have done by making that statement is to further reveal to the community what you really are and how you really feel about those who test for you. You are actually the first developer I have tested for that has basically revealed to a community that they are nothing more than "walking dollar signs".

Well, I have to take issue with this moronic statement. Normally I would not respond, but we have been working our butts off to get this software working well on all platforms and variations.

If you would like I can show this forum your correspondence with us and our response. As a beta tester, you submitted information and ultimately gave us a log of your device which was giving you issues. That was all information we needed from you and until we needed something further or until you had something new to share with us, no further contact was required. I don't understand why you think that we are supposed to email you and work with you on a constant basis to get obviously buggy software running on just your device? We have to work to support everyones device. I thanked you very much for your input and your time and that is exactly what a beta tester is supposed to do. It sounds to me like your more upset that you gave you time and effort and did not get some free software out of it that you thought would work right out of the gate. I have no problem giving away free software to those that help us, but your reaction is a little off the reservation.

We are putting out updates of the software almost every business day. The only day my programmers get off is Sat and Sun and I expect another release to go out today. I personally respond to EVERY email that comes in to the company. I make a point of doing this. Sure, at some point it will hopefully become impossible to keep that up, but right now I can do that, which is how I know exactly what our conversations were.

Regardless of what you think, we are going to resolve these pressing issues, and put out a quality product. However, one thing I would suggest, if your going to help a developer test software that is buggy and needing "testing", that is a great HELP to developers and you should expect NOTHING in return except some free software, eventually. But, posting crap like this in public forums with information that is total nonsense does nothing but hurt the developer and you.

Thanks again for your support.

Jason
President
Blue Planet App, LLC
Blue Planet Apps Website
@blueplanetapps

PhishShticks

Jul 19, 2010
www.mindoverminimal.com
Makes me wonder how this app can be available for purchase on the market if it doesn't even work. We are beta testers, not guinea pigs at your disposal and demand more appreciation and recognition from such developers as yourself to basically clean up your mistakes and do your dirty work.

I was going to buy your app from the Market but based on the negative comments and the game of cat and mouse that you played with slthree you can forget it.

PhishShticks

Jul 19, 2010
www.mindoverminimal.com
Although rare, some legal and also free content is distributed by torrent. Take Linux distributions for example.

Most likely, what you would consider "pirated" content is what this app does best I suppose.

Although torrents are simply small files, like a library's card catalog that provides an index to where the content is actually located, I doubt Google will care nor take into consideration the legality of this kind of application.

Yeah, I give it about a month or two before it's pulled from the Market. Just like Mabilo's Ringtones app and GHOR's Music Junk.

When (not if) it happens (because you know it will), I'll be the first to join in a round robin of "I told you so".

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Makes me wonder how this app can be available for purchase on the market if it doesn't even work. We are beta testers, not guinea pigs at your disposal and demand more appreciation and recognition from such developers as yourself to basically clean up your mistakes and do your dirty work.

I was going to buy your app from the Market but based on the negative comments and the game of cat and mouse that you played with slthree you can forget it.

First of all, nothing that he wrote is true. I never told him he was the only one, I was referring to HIS specific issue. He was testing a pure BETA release at the time. When we released RC1, we had looked at the logs and replies from the 100 testers in our group, all of which gave us high praise for our work. After we debugged the problems and ran the RC1 code on the emulators it ran so well that we decided to release it. However, I had reservations, correctly thinking that the emulators would not give us a good picture of all the different types of hardware out there and OS versions. As a result, I called it RC1 to let people know that while we were comfortable with the software, we could not know for certain that it was bug free on all platforms. As of right now, we have sold about 179 on the App Market, of which about 30 were refunded either immediately or within a day because of problems with the FC issues. Almost all of these are HTC Evo, Incredible phones, there are a few other sporadic cases on the stock droid and some other models but they are not related to this.

As for supporting our customers, we are releasing a new update almost daily. I think that is a very good track record for any company to follow and I am not sure what else any user can ask from a company. For this individual to come on this forum and make baseless claims and now call me a liar is just ridiculous. I personally take offense to that because I am the exact opposite.

Lastly, at no point did I or my company stop emailing or supporting any user, in fact we have responded to every email and every users with as much information as we can give them at the time.

I hope this clarifies the situation.

-Jason

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
As I said earlier, all the "torrent" type apps, iMusic, iVideo, Tao, etc, all have been removed from the marketplace.

This app, whole the dev claims is for legal use, is most certaintly going to be used for illegal activity. For those of you that are paying $5 dollars for it, good luck on that one.

I hope the best for the dev, but it's only a matter of time before Google removes it. Google is just like any company, regardless if their market is "free and open", it doesnt mean "Free and open to pirate software" and they dont want to get sued.

slthree

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Backpedal, Backpedal, Backpedal

You already stated that you DID stop responding in your most unprofessional rant, which I have made available to the community.

Now, you state that you NEVER failed to repond? You are digging your own grave with your very own words.

I wonder how many developers call their beta testers "moronic"? I would guess, just you.

And, I wonder how many of the community here would accept that from you? I would venture to say... um,... NONE

You are a liar and I don't throw that term around loosely. I call upon the smart community here to support the developers who DESERVE it.

First of all, nothing that he wrote is true. I never told him he was the only one, I was referring to HIS specific issue. He was testing a pure BETA release at the time. When we released RC1, we had looked at the logs and replies from the 100 testers in our group, all of which gave us high praise for our work. After we debugged the problems and ran the RC1 code on the emulators it ran so well that we decided to release it. However, I had reservations, correctly thinking that the emulators would not give us a good picture of all the different types of hardware out there and OS versions. As a result, I called it RC1 to let people know that while we were comfortable with the software, we could not know for certain that it was bug free on all platforms. As of right now, we have sold about 179 on the App Market, of which about 30 were refunded either immediately or within a day because of problems with the FC issues. Almost all of these are HTC Evo, Incredible phones, there are a few other sporadic cases on the stock droid and some other models but they are not related to this.

As for supporting our customers, we are releasing a new update almost daily. I think that is a very good track record for any company to follow and I am not sure what else any user can ask from a company. For this individual to come on this forum and make baseless claims and now call me a liar is just ridiculous. I personally take offense to that because I am the exact opposite.

Lastly, at no point did I or my company stop emailing or supporting any user, in fact we have responded to every email and every users with as much information as we can give them at the time.

I hope this clarifies the situation.

-Jason

deercreek

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I listen to several bands who allow fans to record and distribute their live shows. Bit Torrent is used quite a bit. I would have loved to have this when I went on vacation last month. I went to a concert the night before I flew out, and did not have computer access for a week. If I had an Android phone at the time I could have downloaded the show and listened to it while I was on vacation.

I loaded the RC3 version of this on my new Droid X. I found a torrent to download and selected it. It showed the status as WAITING and then went to ERROR. I went back later and saw that it eventually downloaded 15MB of the 79MB. After that I couldn't get it to ever say anything other than WAITING or ERROR. The last thing it was doing was closing every time I opened the app. I removed it and reloaded it. Now I can click on the Unlock button when the app first starts, and it closes. I emailed the log. Hopefully it helps since this app definitely looks promising. More detailed status information would definitely be a plus, though.