dTor v1.0RC1 Available now on Android Central!

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
***MAJOR UPDATE FOR TODAY 7-15-2010 FOR ALL USERS***
***WILL FIX EVO, INCREDIBLE AND ALL OTHER ISSUES***

Hey All,

Announcing the RC1 version of dTor Native BitTorrent client for Android. Beta testing is over, all the features of the beta are added and have been debugged. This is still an Release Candidate version but will be offered for sale here on Android Central before anywhere else, and next up will be the Android Market later today.

Get it here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8467940/dTor_v1.0_rc1c.apk

Should you have any bugs or issues, please do NOT post them here, please send your comments to support@blueplanetapps.com and we will get right on it.

*** IF YOU ARE AN EVO USER PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE WORKING ON A PROBLEM IN THE EVO/SPRINT WHICH IS CAUSING A FC ON THE APPLICATION, THIS DOES NOT EFFECT OTHER PHONES OR NETWORKS*** - A fix should be release very soon.

As always, if you were following us on Twitter @blueplanetapps you already know this stuff.

Happy Androiding.

-Blue Planet Apps

Last edited:

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
lol Just paid $5 for it in the market before i saw this post lol,

No worries, great app!

Edit: I bought it on market, yet its telling me its a 74 hour trial....

I have to say, i emailed support, got a instant reply. The best Service, bar none.

Last edited:

swimdrewid

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Searched for assets (the company I works for legally owns, feds, (so back off!)) -- FCd. Reopened, FCd. Reopened and started transferring.

Evo 4G 2.1 (non-rooted) over wi-fi

Also, will/could you add an estimated dl time?

Thx,

D

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site

Draiko#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
EVO 4G non-root. Whenever I click on a torrent and select start, it locks up the entire phone and force closes everything. Major issue. I'll email the creators about this.

Back to andtorrent for me.

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey All,

Announcing the RC1 version of dTor Native BitTorrent client for Android. Beta testing is over, all the features of the beta are added and have been debugged. This is still an Release Candidate version but will be offered for sale here on Android Central before anywhere else, and next up will be the Android Market later today.

Get it here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8467940/dTor_v1.0_rc1c.apk

Should you have any bugs or issues, please do NOT post them here, please send your comments to support@blueplanetapps.com and we will get right on it.

As always, if you were following us on Twitter @blueplanetapps you already know this stuff.

Happy Androiding.

-Blue Planet Apps

What, if any, security measures are built into the app?

FicTioN

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded this app to give it a try and see how it works, unfortunately it doesn't work well at all. It should have been tested a little more from the looks of it. It searched torrents really well and gave me results pretty quickly however after I started downloading a file it closed. It didn't give me a forced close error and I've tried it a few different times and with the same results. BluePlanet should have released this as a beta without the 74 hour trial period. I'm glad I didn't purchase this app. I have an Evo 4g that is stock by the way.

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE: *** EVO USERS ***

We are looking at the logs from other Evo users having the same FC issue, it seems to be a problem with Sprint on certain areas of the network. Almost as if they are blocking our connection for certain locations, but not others. We are also looking at the possibility that the SenseUI is the issue, but that will take more time.

In the meantime, if you are an Evo user, we apologize for the issues you are having and we will get to the bottom of it and release an update to fix it. However, it is not the fault of the application itself which on other platforms is doing very well.

It should not take long to resolve this issue once we nail it down.

Thank you,

Jason
Blue Planet Apps

mr coolguy face

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Same issue as FIction

Running this app on a non rooted, Verizon Wireless, stock Moto Droid 1.

I was surprised at how quick it found what I had searched for, and how many options I was presented with. . . Thats where the fun stopped LOL. . .

Once the download starts and I am monitoring it, it pushes me to my homescreen (not forceclose), at what seems to be no predetermined amt of time. Sometimes after one minute sometimes after five minutes, two out of the five times I was pushed out, I reopened to see that the connections to the seeds had been lost, and it was again "waiting" for a connection. The fifth and final time this had happened the progress bar listed "waiting" and then stopped completely, (probably due to multpiple disconnects).

While connected I had full bars of service and was DLing at an average of 950kbps. Finally the "waiting" moved to "stopped" and then ultimately to "error!"

Another issue, is that I am unable to clear out the errored results. I like things to have a clean look, and the app is left with 2 unsuccessful downloads.

Ill try again later, and if to no avail . . . . uninstall and possible later revisit when the inevitable beta is released.

slthree

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I wanted this app to take off but you guys do not support your product.

I have tried HUNDREDS of times to get it to work, installed and uninstalled and reinstalled NUMEROUS times as well as doing soft resets NUMEROUS times.

The app has never, ever, ever opened and you stopped responding to my emails. Thats terrible support for someone who beta tested for you.

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I wanted this app to take off but you guys do not support your product.

I have tried HUNDREDS of times to get it to work, installed and uninstalled and reinstalled NUMEROUS times as well as doing soft resets NUMEROUS times.

The app has never, ever, ever opened and you stopped responding to my emails. Thats terrible support for someone who beta tested for you.

Wow. I must say that is rather harsh considering that I have responded to every email I received as fast as I could. As for your issues, running buggy beta software HUNDREDS of times does nothing to help me and only shows that your obviously unstable. IT WAS BETA SOFTWARE, that means it WILL have problems. I thanked you for your information, and told you that we would look at your issue and fix it.

As to this RC1 release. We chose to release this version into the wild because of the 100 testers that we had, only 8 had issues, 6 of which were EVO users and the other two were a Droid and an Devour. We thought that all the issues were solved and so we released RC1. Of course we knew that things would popup, so that is why we have people at the ready to look at problems as they happen.

I think we are doing the best we can to offer a quality package and we take everyones issues very seriously. I don't think that your post was warranted given that you were testing beta software and it was expected to have problems. Even this RC release will undoubtabley have problems, which is why I was cautious and called it a RELEASE CANDIDATE and not a regular version.

Thanks for you support,

Jason
Blue Planet Apps

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Go figure! The Evo is giving me a big headache today... lol

For the record, and to whomever might read this. I have a team of programmers working on this app and a few others. We will address the issues that the Evo people are having and even the few other bugs that are out there and you can all be assured an update will be available soon, real soon.... and they will keep coming until... well until I get bored of making updates :)

Happy Androiding Days

Jason

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali