Easy Root

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I've read many threads about rooting this phone on many forums. My question is, what is the EASIEST way to root it with no side effects?

Once root is achieved, what are some the of apps you recommend?

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks you; however, I'm only looking to root it right now. Not trying to unlock the bootloader or install a custom rom.

Zaki

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the Photon AIO One Click Root is the best. Does everything in under 5 minutes. Super easy for even the noob users like me.

Mike77

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I thought that too for a second, hmm that would be messed up but that was out on XDA, that made it reputable.

Mike77

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
No it does not, just gives you access to do some more things with your phones. You still will receive OTA updates as well but they will likely remove the root but no big deal.

mcp6530

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
No it does not, just gives you access to do some more things with your phones. You still will receive OTA updates as well but they will likely remove the root but no big deal.

ok, thanks - just didn't want to have to reinstall all of my apps and settings like i did when i rooted my epic....that was such a pain and not really worth it.

Mike77

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
ok, thanks - just didn't want to have to reinstall all of my apps and settings like i did when i rooted my epic....that was such a pain and not really worth it.

Rooting shouldn't do that with any phone to my knowledge, you prob installed a full ROM that had root access onto your Epic likely. You pretty much had to in order to get an Epic to work properly, I know I did. That is a case where you loose all your stuff.

mcp6530

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I think i did it - seemed way too easy though, just ran the file from my computer and it did it all without me doing anything....
not sure if i'm rooted though so i downloaded an app called "root checker" and it says i'm rooted, so i'm assuming i am! :)

so, i did this to get free hotspot instead of paying 30 bucks a month for it....what app do i need to use free hotspot?

thanks!

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
hmm, i think i might root mine tomorrow... no real reason, just to do it ha.

to the OP, what reason did you root?

I rooted my phone because many apps like Titanium Backup, Screen shot, Perfect Task Switcher and other either require root access or more features are available if your phone is rooted. I don't like being limited in anything I do.