Email Accounts Merging Together

ucfpaul#AC

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I both have an EVO. We both have multiple email accounts. Usually they work fine and my default account (Gmail) is the one that the icon shows how many emails I have. I have like 4 emails then I look again and it shows 99+. What is happening is my Gmail account (default) is merging with my AOL account. I have fixed this several times by deleting the accounts and recreating them. This may work for weeks, or only for days. My wife is having the same problem. Can anyone help me figure this out and how to fix it? Thank you so much!!

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
A few assumptions I'm making from your post:

- you're using the HTC Sense mail app
- you added AOL and Gmail to the Sense mail app

A (very serious) question: AOL?!!!??!!? Really???? =P

The mail app is not "merging" with your AOL account, but the unread email is probably counting both accounts.

I would actually suggest not using the HTC sense mail app for Gmail. The Gmail application is so much better because it includes threaded conversations and other Gmail specific features that are not supported on HTC Sense app. I'm inferring from your post that you want to use the "unread count" feature that comes with the HTC app; for that you can download a widget called, "gmail unread count" and have similar functionality by adding the gmail unread count widget, which will open your Gmail app.

A few (unsolicited) suggestions:
- If you do not choose to use the Gmail app, at least check Accounts/Sync and do not sync Email or Calendar. Keep contacts though. If you continue to use the HTC mail app for Gmail, you don't want to get your gmail in two places.
- You can actually have Gmail check all your other accounts, such as yahoo, aol, etc. Go to Gmail settings (in a desktop browser) and Accounts & Import and you can add additional email accounts. Then you can all your email imported into Gmail and use it to aggregate all your emails.