Email notification problem after Lollipop update

MYKEL2014

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
If I clear data and cache will it wipe out emails that I have saved? I know I will have to set up my email account again but will the saved emails still be there or do I lose those too? I have many important ones that I mark as saved emails and don't want to lose them.

MarkS24Fan

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Thanks to ryans7700 got my notifications back. Had to readd all 5 of my email accounts I had some saved emails and they stayed in the saved folder I did not loose them

lcs151

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Very frustrated how much of my precious time I've spent trying to fix this!! I have Yahoo mail, and have it on the stock app for mail. All was fine until the new software update. Now my MS exchange gives me notifications, but not my Yahoo. I've tried all the suggestions, but in my mail settings I cannot clear data and cache. Data is greyed out. I tried all the suggestions to help it get shown (Force stop app first, then try
Delete email account from stock app before attempting to clear data
try a soft reset
under running apps, try stopping all email services like 'EmailDebugService', 'MailService', etc) and still I cannot select clear data. I want to scream and cry I'm so frustrated. Just want to be notified when I get emails!!! Please help!!

msugrad598

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Very frustrated how much of my precious time I've spent trying to fix this!! I have Yahoo mail, and have it on the stock app for mail. All was fine until the new software update. Now my MS exchange gives me notifications, but not my Yahoo. I've tried all the suggestions, but in my mail settings I cannot clear data and cache. Data is greyed out. I tried all the suggestions to help it get shown (Force stop app first, then try
Delete email account from stock app before attempting to clear data
try a soft reset
under running apps, try stopping all email services like 'EmailDebugService', 'MailService', etc) and still I cannot select clear data. I want to scream and cry I'm so frustrated. Just want to be notified when I get emails!!! Please help!!

I'm in the same boat. Exchange gives me notifications but Gmail, Yahoo, and my other pop accounts do not. As a work around, I enabled the notifications on each of the apps so that at least I know there is new mail, but it is still very frustrating and counterproductive. Sounds like the clear data option is the trick, but mine is grayed out too.

Posted via Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy S4

MYKEL2014

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
A HUGE THANKS to ryans7700!!!!!!!!! I bit the bullet and cleared both cache and data and reset up my email on the stock app. The notification now works again and I DID NOT lose any of my saved emails. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!

Last edited:

imanetserfur

May 19, 2015
Visit site
No you guys are not the only ones. I updated this weekend. I hate the update. All the circles make this look like an Iphone and now I've spent hours trying to make things work like they did. Why can't they leave working programs alone?

Mark Gregory2

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I tried everything, and don't know which suggestion it was, but I got my notifications back. I did the clear cache/data, reloaded Yahoo mail, took the battery out...and then overnight i started receiving notifications and the blue LED flashing. So, whichever tactic it was, thanks for the suggestions!

dlucap

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I tried this fix and I am still not being notified of emails to my Comcast account. I am getting them for Gmail, but that is not my main email account. Help please!

BarrellBill

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Just for the record, you are not the only ones. I too am having the exact same problem. Not getting any email notifications since the update. All settings are correct.

MYKEL2014

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Clear the data and cache In setting > more> application manager> all ...then find the email app. Then reset up your email account. It will fix the problem.

Tonya Freeman

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Same problem. I just fixed mine. Press your email icon to open your emails➡press menu icon next to INBOX➡press MANAGE ACCOUNTS at the bottom ➡press your email account➡make sure EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS is checked➡press NOTIFICATIONS SOUND➡press your volume button up➡press the gear icon in the notifications window➡turn volume up. This totally fixed mine. I was as frustrated with the lollipop update as everyone else with issue. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

msugrad598

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Same problem. I just fixed mine. Press your email icon to open your emails➡press menu icon next to INBOX➡press MANAGE ACCOUNTS at the bottom ➡press your email account➡make sure EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS is checked➡press NOTIFICATIONS SOUND➡press your volume button up➡press the gear icon in the notifications window➡turn volume up. This totally fixed mine. I was as frustrated with the lollipop update as everyone else with issue. Hope this helps!

Was your sound turned down before you did this? Did this also make the task bar notification work?

Jonathan Reese

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Argen1 and msugrad,

Apparently we are the only three with this issue. Have either of you tried a full restore of the phone. That is the next step that tech support wanted me to try but I am reluctant to wipe it out totally over this, especially knowing that I am not a totally isolated case.

msugrad598

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site

I was also told to do a factory reset by both Samsung online and in store. I'm a month and a half away from being able to upgrade so I will not do it. I don't believe that we should have to do it when it was obviously the upgrade that caused the issue.

k1r6y5dog

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here. They did a full factory reset/restore on mine & it didn't fix anything. All that happened was losing everything not saved & having to redownload all apps.

Argen1 and msugrad,

Apparently we are the only three with this issue. Have either of you tried a full restore of the phone. That is the next step that tech support wanted me to try but I am reluctant to wipe it out totally over this, especially knowing that I am not a totally isolated case.

Jeannie S

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Same issue here and all the notification boxes are checked.
Is there any way to get rid of the lollipop update. I could care less about it but I do want my email notifications

MYKEL2014

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
The only fix I can find for no notifications is:
Clear the data and cache In setting > more> application manager> all ...then find the email app. Then reset up your email account. It will fix the problem.

Tony Collums

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same problem. All my settings are correct. I get IM alert just as before but no email alert.
I am reluctant as well about doing a restore.

danielmeyer1

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
THANK YOU!!! Finally got it working. The info below works!
"Clear the data and cache In setting > more> application manager> all ...then find the email app. Then reset up your email account. It will fix the problem"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nusaka