Email Notifications get corrupted

philmair

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm using Aqua Mail. Gear Manager allows me to choose notifications from the Aqua Mail app. They come through, but about half the time instead of seeing the senders name and subject, it just shows my email address. When I open the notification (on the Gear 2) the contents have part of the previous message and then the selected message.

Not sure if it is just Aqua Mail or if others have noticed the issue with either GMail or the native mail app (neither of which I use).

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Aqua Mail. Gear Manager allows me to choose notifications from the Aqua Mail app. They come through, but about half the time instead of seeing the senders name and subject, it just shows my email address. When I open the notification (on the Gear 2) the contents have part of the previous message and then the selected message.

Not sure if it is just Aqua Mail or if others have noticed the issue with either GMail or the native mail app (neither of which I use).
It's likely an issue with how that App displays notifications. When you receive a notification pull down the notification tray then swipe down on the email notification. That should expand it allowing you to see a little more information.

Let us know if you have further questions.

philmair

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
It's likely an issue with how that App displays notifications. When you receive a notification pull down the notification tray then swipe down on the email notification. That should expand it allowing you to see a little more information.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Yes my question is "what is your reply about?????" I know how to pull down the notification tray and swipe down on the email notification. I know it SHOULD expand to let me see more information. The point is it DOESN'T, hence my posting on this forum. Did you actually read my posting? It must be easy to get to 7000+ posts if you just fire off drivel at every opportunity.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Ladies and gentlemen, please keep discussion productive and on topic. Personal attacks, insults, taking threads off topic and other disruptive posting behaviors are not acceptable. If you do not like a post, please behave like an adult and move on, or if you feel it violates the forum rules, please report it. At no point should members be calling each other out in posts. Thanks.

philmair

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
These are extracts from another forum ... maybe someone at Tizen can cast an eye over the problem ...

Aqua posts status bar notifications using the standard (and only) Android functions for status bar notifications.
The layouts are all system provided layouts.
Aqua does not use any notification layouts of its own, but will use the new "list style" and "big text style" notification available on Android 4.1+.

You are correct in that Aqua has no problems with notifications to the Android phone (in fact I have never had any problems with Aqua since I bought it over a year ago).

So maybe it is at the Gear 2 end .. since it is running the Tizen operating system something is not being posted correctly. Aqua uses the same generic notification feature of the Gear Manager that all other (non-Samsung apps) use. I am not seeing the same problem with other apps (on my phone) using this generic notification procedure ... hence my "guess/suggestion" that the issue must be linked to the content and/or packaging of the notification ... most probably a character embedded in the notification that is interpreted as a control character that either causes the premature termination of the notification string or is ignored so one message merges into another. Maybe other apps don't encounter this problem because: either they don't post multiple notifications, or the notifications are much shorter, or the content of the notification does not use non-ascii characters.