Enable RCS on any US carrier.

tlc264

Banned
Oct 20, 2019
Visit site
Maybe it's because I'm on a TMobile MVNO? But there's nothing in there that indicates carrier - and it says the device won't support it.
That is possible because my esim in the Pixel 3 is Google Fi and that would not work. When I changed to my VZW physical sim it worked.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I guess I just have to wait until RCS becomes standard. That's okay - I went through the "you can't send an MMS to another carrier" nonsense for a couple of years thing. Some day they'll get it straightened out.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Nah Google Message in my opinion sucks , i'll stick with my Samsung Message Best there is and AT&T has had RCS for a long time so don't really need the Google Message.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Most likely is cause more people uses carrier phones and not unlocked, that's another reason why unlocked gets OTA last.
I think in future the Sim that goes into the unlocked version should provision that , like my TMobile sim I get download booster but my Att I don't or I get wifi calling on TMO but not Att ..

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I think in future the Sim that goes into the unlocked version should provision that , like my TMobile sim I get download booster but my Att I don't or I get wifi calling on TMO but not Att ..

Actually unlocked phones for AT&T Works Wifi Calling and Volte lot's on XDA have it working.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone got it to work w/a Samsung (or LG) stock messaging app on the other phone.

Example:

My Note 8/T-Mobile Brand w/Google Messages (RCS enabled w/this hack)

texting to

My wife's S8+/T-Mobile Brand w/Samsung Messages (RCS) does NOT work or show any typing indicators or any other RCS/Chat features.

However, when I change my wife's texting app to Google Messages w/RCS hack, it works.

Last edited:

Bo21

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I have the Google Messages chat enabled, VZW Note 9. My only issue, it seems it doesn't do any good unless the other person has it and is turned on also.

I have issues with my office and bad cell signal, so I utilize WiFi calling, but can5 send group texts or pics. I was hoping this messages RCS enablement would fix that, but doesn't seem to.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone got it to work w/a Samsung (or LG) stock messaging app on the other phone.

Example:

My Note 8/T-Mobile Brand w/Google Messages (RCS enabled w/this hack)

texting to

My wife's S8+/T-Mobile Brand w/Samsung Messages (RCS) does NOT work or show any typing indicators or any other RCS/Chat features.

However, when I change my wife's texting app to Google Messages w/RCS hack, it works.

TMo uses their own version of RCS, not the universal standard. It won't work between the two because TMo made changes to the standard. Sprint is the only carrier in the US that uses the universal.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Android messages just popped up saying rcs was available and to continue. I pressed ok and then it said something to effect of we'll let you know when it's done. Lol. I'm not running Google messages beta but the regular version of Google messages. Funny since I read a post about forcing rcs which I didn't do.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
TMo uses their own version of RCS, not the universal standard. It won't work between the two because TMo made changes to the standard. Sprint is the only carrier in the US that uses the universal.

That's what I figured. This is a nice hack but it does me no good since I don't know anyone that has the universal standard (or Sprint Android, they have iPhoneys). My wife is the only one i know that has RCS/Tmobile/Samsung and she doesn't care about RCS. Also, if I left the Google Messages as her texting app she would probably punch me for changing the app permanently for texting LOL

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
That's what I figured. This is a nice hack but it does me no good since I don't know anyone that has the universal standard (or Sprint Android, they have iPhoneys). My wife is the only one i know that has RCS/Tmobile/Samsung and she doesn't care about RCS. Also, if I left the Google Messages as her texting app she would probably punch me for changing the app permanently for texting LOL

Hahaha!!!

Rhody#WP

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
I wonder if Apple will use RCS since they want people to use iMessage. It would be nice if this worked across platforms.

BTW, can I uninstall Activity Lanucher after it's working?

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
I know the feeling. A man can't even fiddle with his wife's phone in his own home . What's the world coming to

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if Apple will use RCS since they want people to use iMessage. It would be nice if this worked across platforms.

BTW, can I uninstall Activity Lanucher after it's working?
I've read several post on reddit where people have uninstalled Activity Launcher after the hack and it still works.

dra

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Got it working on the T-Mobile varient LG v40

Attachments

• Capture+_2019-10-28-07-09-32.jpg
    Capture+_2019-10-28-07-09-32.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 16