Enable RCS on any US carrier.

nintendo1889

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
The articles out there neglect to mention that you have to install Google carrier services beforehand.

It's nice to be able to send attachments of any filetype.

Last edited:

locans

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
This is the problem, some like imessage, some like samsung messages, some like verizon messages, etc. Until there is a common standard (RCS) any advanced features any specific messenger allows only works within a limited space.

EI_Joe

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
I have this set up on my Verizon Note 9 and it is working perfectly.

I tested with a co-worker who has Sprint, works without issue. Also set this up on my son's OP6t on T-mobile and it's working.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UniversalP...with/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

I have a Pixel 2XL running Android 10, I got the beta setup and active (reads: Chat features status: Connected) but when I type a message, it defaults to SMS. Is there something I'm missing? Why can't the RCS activate? Does it cross over and work with my family using iPhones and iMessage?

Thanks.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a Pixel 2XL running Android 10, I got the beta setup and active (reads: Chat features status: Connected) but when I type a message, it defaults to SMS. Is there something I'm missing? Why can't the RCS activate? Does it cross over and work with my family using iPhones and iMessage?

Thanks.
It will not send RCS to imessage. Maybe when sms is no longer, Apple will have no option but to fall back to RCS.

If it's connected abd only sending sms I suspect you are not sending to another user with RCS activated. I was able to set up 4 other family members with this hack and all are working without issue. I am also able to "chat" with Sprint users as Sprint is on the Universal Profile RCS (along with Pixel 3 Verizon users (?)).

Edit: PM me if you like and I'd be happy to test with you.

Last edited:

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
What is the advantage of RCS?
I don't understand all the hooplah.

I've used Whatsapp on a team trip, over seas and it worked well. I get that it's cool to see when another is responding, but what else is there to it?
I've read about it and asked questions, but no use has explained.
What am I missing?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
What is the advantage of RCS?
I don't understand all the hooplah.

I've used Whatsapp on a team trip, over seas and it worked well. I get that it's cool to see when another is responding, but what else is there to it?
I've read about it and asked questions, but no use has explained.
What am I missing?
Read receipts, writing indicator of person texting and better video/picture quality

Rosk2

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have installed RCS on my 1+7TPRO but now my Facebook crashes every time I try to start it. I have cleared data and cache

Rosk2

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I have once again tried to delete cache and data, deleted Facebook and rebooted my phone. When I reinstall Facebook from Play Store I don't have the possibility to update FB, and it still crashes

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I have once again tried to delete cache and data, deleted Facebook and rebooted my phone. When I reinstall Facebook from Play Store I don't have the possibility to update FB, and it still crashes
Can you uninstall the update ?
It will take to previous version

Rosk2

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
No that is not possible after reinstalling Facebook, but I solved it by uninstalling FB and then downloading it from apkmirror.com

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards