Enable RCS on any US carrier.

mxmarcus

May 7, 2010
Visit site
It's working on my P2XL on T-Mobile. No carrier services installed
My friend has OnePlus 7Pro on T-Mobile. It took few tries for the setting to work

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Took me several tries but I finally got it working. Ended up using the youtube video on the reddit post. Just followed along with him and it worked.

CMercs

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm on TMo on an N9 and it installed (connected in Green) but I haven't found anyone else to test it reliably on.

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm an AT&T customer, with an AT&T Note 9. If I switch from Textra to the Samsung Messaging app... I'll automatically have RCS?

Mobius

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
This is a T-Mobile big. Force stop messages app. Go to your apps > all apps > all carriers and clear the storage and cache. Reboot and start steps again .It won't get stuck after that.

everyday_geek

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the Google Messages chat enabled, VZW Note 9. My only issue, it seems it doesn't do any good unless the other person has it and is turned on also.

I have issues with my office and bad cell signal, so I utilize WiFi calling, but can5 send group texts or pics. I was hoping this messages RCS enablement would fix that, but doesn't seem to.

I tried to enable however I keep getting the texts from Google with g-xxxxxxxxx like I am signing in some place but I don't have anywhere to put the number in. I did try turning off 2FA also same issue anyone else?

tlc264

Banned
Oct 20, 2019
Visit site
I tried to enable however I keep getting the texts from Google with g-xxxxxxxxx like I am signing in some place but I don't have anywhere to put the number in. I did try turning off 2FA also same issue anyone else?
I believe that is it trying to connect and set up with your number. I had the same thing. I tested it with my vzw phone and my fi phone. Works great.

bigbmc26

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I have the Google Messages chat enabled, VZW Note 9. My only issue, it seems it doesn't do any good unless the other person has it and is turned on also.

I have issues with my office and bad cell signal, so I utilize WiFi calling, but can5 send group texts or pics. I was hoping this messages RCS enablement would fix that, but doesn't seem to.

Really? I'm have TMO, S10 and have signal issues at work as well, use wifi calling. But group texts and MMS work perfectly over wifi. Is that a VZW thing?

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I got it working in my phone and my wife's as well as my cousins with fairly few hiccups and some troubleshooting. But now that I have it working I don't really know how advantageous it is. It's Hangouts for messages and Hangouts debuted years ago. No iMessage like features...it's just sort of meh.... A lot of work to do for these basic features

martyha

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I first got it working on my note 8. I then moved the SIM to my pixel 3a and got it working. Service is mint mobile. The SIM was required to get it set up. And the note 8 (without the SIM now) can NOT send messages over WiFi. I'm sure that makes sense, but was hoping once it was set up, the SIM wouldn't be required to send a message.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow