EP1W Modem

TGreg104

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Check the thread about the EP1W leak, there was someone who did only use the modems and he said its a vast improvement.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I havent seen that, I have been running it for days and have only had one issue. The person I was talking too suddenly couldnt hear me, could have been a bad connection or something because like I said it only happened once.

I don't know anything about the data dropping off issue that others are having, I am in a solid 4G area and have never had the issue.

I will say that the 4 G is better with this modem. There is a bar that I frequent that I can only ever get 3G in until the new modem, now it is 4G all the time.

TGreg104

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure it will. But like stated before I had one incident where the other party couldn't hear me. Over all though I'm very please

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I went ahead and flashed the whole leak last night. We will see if it clears up my data connection issue.

You will like the leak, it is very good. If you do decide later to go back, you will have to odin all the way back to ed2 and then do theC 2.0 or any custom roms over that. It has been know to cause issues.

that is my main reason for not using it. I will wait for the official GB then do the OTA's. I don't want to have to go through it all 2 times in a short time frame (though you would think I am used to it by now)

The EP1W modem rocks though

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I am guessing the data dropping is a network issue and maybe not a phone issue. I am not sure of your area, but here in solid 4G land I have never had dropped data. Had it stutter, but not stop.

hfdpop

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I havent seen that, I have been running it for days and have only had one issue. The person I was talking too suddenly couldnt hear me, could have been a bad connection or something because like I said it only happened once.

I don't know anything about the data dropping off issue that others are having, I am in a solid 4G area and have never had the issue.

I will say that the 4 G is better with this modem. There is a bar that I frequent that I can only ever get 3G in until the new modem, now it is 4G all the time.

I have had this issue appear more than once. I would say 3-4 times on rooted ee4 and it happened yesterday on GC 2.0 w/ EP1Q modem. That was a way bad thing as I was on a conference call with FEMA about the mass flooding we have had in our area. I could hear them but they could not hear me. I found that it was interesting that it has happened on two different set ups.

Chris2183

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I am guessing the data dropping is a network issue and maybe not a phone issue. I am not sure of your area, but here in solid 4G land I have never had dropped data. Had it stutter, but not stop.

Ive posted pics of the problem before in another thread. Basically the phone shows a 4g signal and then when I launch the browser or an app that uses data, I get a popup that says I have no network connection. I usually have to toggle airplane mode to fix it

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...23-data-connection-problem-4.html#post1133599

Im not alone as there is a huge thread in the VZW support forum of people with the same complaint. So far the EP1W modem seems better, but Im going to give it a few more days before I declare success