EP4 OTA arrived and installed.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm interested to hear what you find. Keep us posted.

Rich

So, ran a short test with GB update with and without Juice Defender. I won't claim this is scientific but should be representational. The bottom line, seems JD consumes more juice than it saves.

Day1 with JD enabled 78% battery life left after 3hrs 15min use, that's only about 15 hours of projected life for full charge.

Dsy2 with JD disabled, 78% battery life left after 4hrs 30min use, that's 21 hours of projected battery life for full charge.

Battery was fully charged at the start of each day, some battery. About the same usage each day. Oddly JD stats showed I was getting 2x battery life, but actual analysis shows quite the opposite. So much for JD stats.

I'll look at this over a couple more days but found this very interesting and thought I'd share.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the study. Can you also tell us what settings you used? I found balanced mode to be pretty ineffective. Some custom combinations based on usage needs seems best.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I used Advanced settings, configured slightly. This showed the "best" overall improvement based on JD's estimate (I was running slightly over 2.0x. The balanced typically showed under 1.7x. On both days I did my testing I was in same physical location (my work office) so all environmental factors should be the same. I used to swear by JD, but unless I see something different over the next few days I think it's time to put that on the pile of has-bend apps as maybe the OS is now smarter overall than what JD can squeeze.

W_A_Watson_II

Jun 21, 2011
wawii.com
Has anyone else noticed that with the GB update, the Market App updater now only downloads one update at a time?

Before I could start multiple downloads and they would run simultaneously, bit there sequential. Also the count of the number of apps to update is wrong, by two.

danlintz

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Thunderbolt after endless reboot from update

Back to the Thunderbolt after endless reboot of droid logo loop.

They gave me a charge after the issues with the Thunderbolt random reboots after an update (Is there a theme here?) needed a phone to call with at least. Now that I have the Thunderbolt back so much better!
Message indication LED. No lag between screens, GPS in seconds, email refreshes in 5 min not 15. Have not lost a data connection in 3 days etc. If you have problems with Charge and want an alternative phone I recommend the Bolt.