ERROR on recovery --> E: failed to mount /data (Invalid argument)

YSHMIR Plays

May 13, 2016
Visit site
I was also trying to install superuser and also getting the error from my s5570,(2 types of superuser) once i rebooted to system i had 2 superusers, better use dem LUCKYPATCHER XD :p :p :D :D

beastminer 4703

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Ok so I don't know if it is related, but for the last 3 weeks, my phone has often decided it is going to be slow OR... it has a mind of its own and without any fingers, water, or other things touching it, will type on its own, select files, attempt to change the wallpaper, etc. No matter how much I mash my fingers on it to "listen," it just keeps at it!

So, today I thought I would just do a soft reset via recovery and wiping the cache partition. I've done it before for the above problem, and thought it doesn't hurt to try again to see if it helps (I am undecided as to if it makes any difference). I did wipe the cache partition, then chose "reboot system now" and it got stuck on the ATT logo screen. I repeated this process 3 times and it doesn't change the result. Every time I reach the recovery screen, the lines below the yellow text "Successfully applied multi-CSC," it says (exactly),

E:failed to mount /data (Invalid argument)
can't mount '/data' (Invalid argument)
E:Can't mount /data/log/recovery_log.txt

Besides doing a full factory reset (which would hopefully solve the problem), what can I do to fix my phone?

TIA!!!

My HP 10 tablet has that exact problem, except I have done a factory reset on it. I want to get it's data soon I hàva EVERYTHING on there. PLZ HELP ME!!!

swamprats

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello I had this problem tonight, I finally repaired it by selecting data and change file type to ext3 and every thing went smooth from there

nPzinho

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys.

My solution is simples. but you will LOSE EVERY FILE on userdata.
Step 1: Install TWRP
Step 2: Go to Wipe box
Step 3: Select Advanced Wipe
Step 4: Check "DATA" and tap on "Repair or Change File System".
Step 5: Tap Change File System
Step 6: See original format on file system (In my S6 is EXT4). So turn to other and switch back to original

Now /data is mounted back.
Install a custom and later a stock.

Cory Train1

Nov 11, 2016
Visit site
Hello,
I have the same problem - wiped cache partition and ever since my phone is stuck in Galaxy opening pic (whatever it's called - showing the phone model).
I tried to reload my firmware using Odin (as I did several times before) but the problem hasn't been solved.
I can access recovery but not the rom, and if I try to do factory reset I still get the same result - failure to mount /data.
I suggestion or explanation to this problem?
Thanks

I've been having the same issue except my phone runs and works perfectly. Idk what's been causing it but on a fresh wipe and stock install it still will not mount data. But in rooted and running xposed. I tried wiping data so if someone could help me... But a solution to not being able to boot. If what he said does not work, in twerp factory reset.. More than once. I do it about three times and then advanced wipe I wipe, system, data, cache and dalvik cache... More than once. After I do it twice I start seeing less errors. Last night I did it 5 times to be sure. At first I'd get 15 or so errors and by the end I don't get any. I hope this helps. I usually give it one more wipe after I get no errors just in case. But as I said, after I did that, as of lastnight I flash my stock Rom with Odin. Use chain fire root and set up xposed and when I do xposed it gives me the cannot mount data error but xposed works beautifully.

Last edited:

raquelita77

Dec 12, 2016
Visit site
I need help, I have this problem wih my S7 sm-g930f.

I have read a lot, but I think this is te solution, buto I don't know what is twrp, and how can I install it, I have never heard about it. Please, help me I'm tired to look for a solution. My cel has 3 months and I loose warranty because I rooted, Know say WARRANTY VOID: 1 (0X0500)

I have flash about 20 roms, but the phone frezzes and restarts but doesnt run completely and it says failed to mount/dada (invalid argument), so I think this is the problem.

Manuscript

May 20, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys I have the same problem here my phone shows up only in logo and then turns off. I have done Flashing It's firmware Using SP Flash Tool But still the same. And when I go to the Backup User Data In Recovery Mode It says "Error: Mount /data error".Can Anyone Please Help.

Chebaane007

Jun 9, 2017
Visit site
Hello I have a problem with my mobile phone
A samsung S DUOS 2
I coildnt do a hard reset with a no command error messge
And these messages
Also while booting my phone it stays on the Samsung animated first screen
And it took forever on that screen!
Please help
The other messages are:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello I have a problem with my mobile phone
A samsung S DUOS 2
I coildnt do a hard reset with a no command error messge
And these messages
Also while booting my phone it stays on the Samsung animated first screen
And it took forever on that screen!
Please help
The other messages are:

You may need to consider reflashing the ROM. Are you in the United States?

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site
Hello,
I have the same problem - wiped cache partition and ever since my phone is stuck in Galaxy opening pic (whatever it's called - showing the phone model).
I tried to reload my firmware using Odin (as I did several times before) but the problem hasn't been solved.
I can access recovery but not the rom, and if I try to do factory reset I still get the same result - failure to mount /data.
I suggestion or explanation to this problem?
Thanks

I'm having a similar problem with my Samsung Galaxy Ace, I'm getting a bootrepeat (boot screen repeating) and when I go into Android System Recovery and reboot it, it says 'E: failed to mount data' every time. Also I've tried installing Samsung Kies for Windows 7, but all it's saying is 'Connecting', please try and help! :-

eddy939

Aug 23, 2017
Visit site
The answer below helped did the trick for me
Hi guys.

My solution is simples. but you will LOSE EVERY FILE on userdata.
Step 1: Install TWRP
Step 2: Go to Wipe box
Step 3: Select Advanced Wipe
Step 4: Check "DATA" and tap on "Repair or Change File System".
Step 5: Tap Change File System
Step 6: See original format on file system (In my S6 is EXT4). So turn to other and switch back to original

Now /data is mounted back.
Install a custom and later a stock.

However whatever ROM you have, if you just WIPE ALL DATA, that should do the trick (it worked for me)

Fun Active

Dec 17, 2017
Visit site
I hve meizu m2 mini last time i intall twrp recovery and create backup but i lost my back accidentally and now i hve no os in my phone and internal storage also showing 0mb no any wipe and or other method working for me i trying to install frimware file .zip with using microSD card but won't done it called E: unable to mount storage.
I also want to try wipe using twrp recovery but same error.
Anyone help plz

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci