Every word I write on FB gets erased when I hit the space bar or try to swype.

A

AC Question

The only place I can write with no trouble is in the comments section ONLY. If I try to write in Messenger or try to post something myself - I can't. Every time I finish a word, it deletes the word I just wrote. I can only communicate with ONE word. This just started about 7-10 days ago and I have not even been into the settings. Making me very mad as I have only had this tablet 2 months

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Try force stopping the keyboard app, wiping its cache and try again. If it persists, wipe its data too. If it's a third party keyboard, uninstall and reinstall it...

mazurbeam

Jun 11, 2017
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab and I just started having this problem, too. I can type in Google Search or comments. When I try to use Messenger in FB whenever I hit the spacebar it deletes the whole word I just typed in. If anyone can help I'd be very appreciative!

sheila klein

Jul 7, 2017
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. It occurs with my Facebook account but not with my spouse"s account using the same Eclipse tablet. It happens when I use his tablet, too, but not when using our phones.

Last edited:

treens

Aug 31, 2017
Visit site
I had this problem on my samsung tab3, using the desktop version of facebook on chrome and internet. The thing that fixed it for me was turning off predictive text. I really didn't want to download the messenger app, and not having predictive text is a pain but I'm happy to have worked it out!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And remember, for all its fame, the Facebook apps aren't the best apps written. they're more of an afterthought. So any updates may not be improvements, they may be alpha test versions and Facebook is waiting for complaints. (Testing an app, even just a small modification, can cost a lot of money in the time spent by developers [who don't exactly get minimum wage].)

tufbot123

Sep 15, 2017
Visit site
I was able to replicate the problem!!

This is a problem with FACEBOOK.

Is the tablet using the desktop site (facebook.com) or the mobile site (m.facebook.com)?

The mobile site works fine, but the desktop site on tablet doesn't.

Nickie66

Jun 24, 2018
Visit site
upping this old thread because i got the same problem for literally years

so i don't believe it's really a facebook problem considering that it happens only within the Chrome browser and not some other browsers ...

also , disabling the word suggestion bar fixes the issue

so the bug requires chrome + facebook + suggestion bar

can we really blame facebook ?

Michel Merlin

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
In my case the problem strikes under Android in DESKTOP versions of Facebook AND TWITTER sites (I didn't test FB and TW applications), no matter everything else (Android 6 or 9, Samsung or Gboard Google keyboards, with or sans predictive, etc); it does NOT happen in Android mobile versions of the sites, nor on any other sites than FB and TW, nor in Windows, etc.
Since it has existed and been reported for a couple years yet never been fixed, it appears the big ones (here Facebook, Twitter, Google) firmly want it to continue striking and to NOT get corrected. Probably part of their policy of forcing users into the intentionally debilitated so-called "mobile" versions of sites in order to reduce the user's powers, choices and general efficiency.
I would so much be in error on this... but little hope remains.
Versailles, Tue 10 Sep 2019 17:21:15 +0200

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy