evo 3d and oct 2

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
You may find this interesting. It is a discussion that contains videos from Sprint that talk about the new Vision rollout. A part of the technology is EVDO REV B. The EVO 3D is equipped for it. While it is the understanding that everyone will benefit to a certain degree, based on what I have read so far, we who have the EVDO REV B capability can benefit the most. Of course, keep in mind that everything is still speculation at this point but this link does shed some light on what is going on.

Network vision rollout - Android Forums

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, Sprint has been pretty good to us here in Nashville too. I believe they've at least been doing some tower testing/configuration here because there have been times I've gotten upwards of 10mbps down on 4G with full 4G strength. Mind you, this isn't all the time, but I do have 4G in the house now where I didn't a few weeks ago.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Fwiw, I know that Speedtest results can be weird but this was my 4G this morning.

2011-10-04_07-15-10.jpg

jrun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
So has the EVDO.RevB been rolled out to certain places already? Or is it not till Oct 7th that they will start flipping switches? Or are they not even starting to put the hardware in place till after the 7th?

Is our phone supposed to be able to just hook up to it automatically when its available or will we need a software update to enable it? Looking forward to this, my signal at work is really week in my building but its totally fine outside, so i'm really hoping this happens soon! :)

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded Netmonitor which is an app that will tell you what type of network you are on, among other things. I am on 3G at the moment because I'm at work and don't get 4G indoors and it says I'm still on EVDO REV A.

jrun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded Netmonitor which is an app that will tell you what type of network you are on, among other things. I am on 3G at the moment because I'm at work and don't get 4G indoors and it says I'm still on EVDO REV A.

Still on Evdo RevA here too.. My signal strength hasn't changed in my building here, i guess that will be my first tip that something has changed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WyattEarp