EVO 4g going to EVO 3d

El_Zacatecas

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi well my EVOs screen cracked and i was thinking of just getting an EVO
3d first of all the cost to get the screen fixed for the EVO will be 100$
To get the EVO 3d will be 200 ...
Should I do it ? Or just keep my og EVO ?
Is 200$ good price for a refurbished 3d I will be getting it from a Sprint repair store with no contract since I'm not due for an upgrade for about 1 more year .
Is it better to just pay the 100$ extra ?
Please give me your opinion
Sent from my Evo 4G

Pigman

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I can say that the 3d is way better than the 4g. Faster, better battery life, more pixels, and of course the 3d. Although I really don't use the 3d very much. The speed and battery life were the main sell points for me.

lfnsr

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
definitely get the 3D. great phone and a ton of development to tinker with. don't miss my BB in the slightest!

El_Zacatecas

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
You said speed is better , you mean like it won't lag as much and stuff ?

And how much better is battery life?

Also I loved how clear my EVO took pictures. Mostly when I would take a picture of a paper you can zoom in and read word per word ... Is the quality of 2d pics as good?
Sent from my Evo 4G

lfnsr

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
You said speed is better , you mean like it won't lag as much and stuff ?

And how much better is battery life?

Also I loved how clear my EVO took pictures. Mostly when I would take a picture of a paper you can zoom in and read word per word ... Is the quality of 2d pics as good?
Sent from my Evo 4G

Not sure on the camera as I came from BB to the 3D, but they look much better than my Tour pix :) and I don't have any complaints. I am rooted running CleanRom 2.5 and with light to moderate usage I easily get 24+ hours. With moderate to somewhat heavy I get about 15+ hours. I am more of a light moderate user though.

Pigman

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the dual proc speeds up everything you do on the phone. I am also running CleanRom 2.5 and the battery life has been spectacular. I am easily getting 20-30% better battery performance from my evo 4g. I think the 2d pictures are of better quality than the evo 4g. And of course the 3d is pretty damn neat as well.

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Is 200$ good price for a refurbished 3d I will be getting it from a Sprint repair store with no contract since I'm not due for an upgrade for about 1 more year .
Think of it this way. You need a new/repaired phone. $200 is a great deal because you'll be off-contract. In June (assuming you bought your 4G in June) you can get whatever phone you want. I guarantee you will get AT LEAST $200 for your 3D if you decide to sell it when you're eligible again for an upgrade.

Sounds like an easy decision to get it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny