Evo HDMI out mirroring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I got a 15$hdmi DX cable used from best buy :)

For those with cm7, plug your HDMI cable into your phone and you'll will notice that while the screen on the phone is on, the TV will turn black.

Some HDMI drivers have been added :D

... they don't really work yet but....

Last edited:

Telperion

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I only buy cables from MonoPrice, anywhere else is overpriced. I generally order in $20-$30 batches to save on shipping, I buy anything I might need in the next 6 months or friends might want. Fantastic site.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site

bradleyw801

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I got a 15$hdmi DX cable used from best buy :)

For those with cm7, plug your HDMI cable into your phone and you'll will notice that while the screen on the phone is on, the TV will turn black.

Some HDMI drivers have been added :D

... they don't really work yet but....

I noticed that too. It also happens with orrebmas app. When I tried this app on an AOSP rom, the tv showed no signal while the app was stopped. When I clicked start on the app, and the service was running, the no signal went away. Even though nothing would output, the tv at least recognized that something was coming from the cable.

This tells me that it shouldn't be a far jump to make the app work on AOSP roms. The great thing about this is that the app can be universal. Rooted or not, on any rom, sense based or not, everyone can use it.

bradleyw801

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know orrebmas has a bunch of Alfa testers, but you can still PM him to see if he will include you.

At the moment, he isn't taking anymore alpha testers, not because he is trying to be closed, but just because he feels it would be counter productive. The app is buggy right now, and he wants to release a solid build to the public.

He was very close to having a public beta that he was comfortable with, but somthing he thought would be "trivial" has been holding him up from getting it completed this weekend.

He had other obligations, and wasn't able to work on it today, and won't be able to tomorrow, but he will be back at it on Tuesday. He has full support from his family, and will spend every minute that he isn't doing his full time job trying to get a release out to everyone. Your patience and support is appreciated.

I don't know if he will respond to a PM, but my advice would be to hold off. If we don't have any updates this coming week, maybe we can petition him to release his alpha so that more people can get in on this, but for now, I think we should give him at least 4 or 5 more days.

Reactions: orrebela

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I dont think we should ever petition a dev to release his work, because its HIS work.
Give the guy some time, everyone knows by now that he is a stand up guy and when its ready is when we will see it.

bradleyw801

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Team win has working HDMI on CM7, check the twitter.

Who knows how long before we see it tho :/

This is why competition is good. Android wouldn't be what it is without Apple trying to compete with it. I honestly don't think that HDMI was ever a real priority for those guys. But now that someone else might beat them to the punch, they kicked it into gear.

I wish them success. From what I understand, no code was ever shared between Orrebmas, and TeamWin, so it will be interesting to see how the two implement their work independently.

Again, for the end user this is good, because while Orrebmas has been focusing on Sense based Roms, maybe Cyanogen will cover it for AOSP around the same time. No one is left out. One difference will be that I am sure orrebmas will still continue to develop it for all roms, including CyanogenMod. Because if TeamWin gets it into Cyanogen, it still won't be in other AOSP roms like MIUI.

The downside to Cyanogen is that they are so cryptic with this stuff. You never really know what is coming until it's there. You might see some tweets, or something in their code hinting at it, but until release day, it's really a mystery.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I dont think we should ever petition a dev to release his work, because its HIS work.
Give the guy some time, everyone knows by now that he is a stand up guy and when its ready is when we will see it.

I agree. When he is ready to release his work should be up to him. Petitioning him to do so might put unwanted tension, which might cause unwanted bugs or what not. But, updates are another thing :)

This is why competition is good. Android wouldn't be what it is without Apple trying to compete with it. I honestly don't think that HDMI was ever a real priority for those guys. But now that someone else might beat them to the punch, they kicked it into gear.

I wish them success. From what I understand, no code was ever shared between Orrebmas, and TeamWin, so it will be interesting to see how the two implement their work independently.

Again, for the end user this is good, because while Orrebmas has been focusing on Sense based Roms, maybe Cyanogen will cover it for AOSP around the same time. No one is left out. One difference will be that I am sure orrebmas will still continue to develop it for all roms, including CyanogenMod. Because if TeamWin gets it into Cyanogen, it still won't be in other AOSP roms like MIUI.

The downside to Cyanogen is that they are so cryptic with this stuff. You never really know what is coming until it's there. You might see some tweets, or something in their code hinting at it, but until release day, it's really a mystery.

Competition is a very good thing. Helps with keeping focus and that drive going strong. Hope he don't rush into it so he can be the first with it out. Quality is always better but you don't want to be dead last either. :p

SSjon

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Micro HDMI cord in the mail!! I had to test it out here is a vid
YouTube - FullHDMI for Evo by Sam Berro Alfa on my Evo with Hulu

and here are some screen shots, as you can see it does use some juice to run HDMI but don't overheat the phone at all.
DSCN2919.jpg

DSCN2917.jpg

orrebmas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Micro HDMI cord in the mail!! I had to test it out here is a vid
YouTube - FullHDMI for Evo by Sam Berro Alfa on my Evo with Hulu

and here are some screen shots, as you can see it does use some juice to run HDMI but don't overheat the phone at all.
DSCN2919.jpg

DSCN2917.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that you are running (720?480) on your TV. The version you have does not support full screen and pushes whatever the screen res is out to HDMI (800x480) which explains why parts of the screen are clipped off.

Full screen support with hardware acceleration is in, but there is an issue preventing me from releasing another alpha to the testers right now.

Thanks for putting time into testing this out and reporting your findings (public and private).

chadm424

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that you are running (720?480) on your TV. The version you have does not support full screen and pushes whatever the screen res is out to HDMI (800x480) which explains why parts of the screen are clipped off.

Full screen support with hardware acceleration is in, but there is an issue preventing me from releasing another alpha to the testers right now.

Thanks for putting time into testing this out and reporting your findings (public and private).

i would like to help test this

hw revision 0004
build 3.70.651.1
kernel stock #15
rom azrael x V4.0

27scoob

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Can't wait to get this and my torrent program together ..download and watch a movie on my 52" Sharp Aquos right from my phone . It stinks that my friend has been able to do this with his Droid x for quite a while now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newuser93939