Evo LTE's languishing on store shelves

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so what battery issues are you having then?

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

I clarified that earlier, I wasn't referring to issues with the battery, rather the issue if it being non removable. Not that big a real for me, but not ideal.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I clarified that earlier, I wasn't referring to issues with the battery, rather the issue if it being non removable. Not that big a real for me, but not ideal.

Good to hear your happy with the battery...:):beer:;):D:thumbup:

anon(280955)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Obviously, the design is polarizing. I think that is common knowledge, at this point. People either love it or hate it ... and, to me, that's not necessarily a bad thing. At least it's far from boring. If you don't like it (or if what others think of it determine its worth to you) then don't buy it and keep it moving.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Obviously, the design is polarizing. I think that is common knowledge, at this point. People either love it or hate it ... and, to me, that's not necessarily a bad thing. At least it's far from boring. If you don't like it (or if what others think of it determine its worth to you) then don't buy it and keep it moving.

Well said...:thumbup::D

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I actually very much like the way the phone looks, am not using any sort of case on it, nor do I have any plans to.

Many of my friends are somewhat surprised by that--Though none of them ever mention how the phone looks in regards to the use of a case; protection is always the main concern.

As far as how well the phone may or may not be selling for Sprint/HTC, I care about it in as much as a better selling phone should mean slightly longer lasting support, and that I'd like to see HTC do well so that they will be around to maker better phones for years to come.

I hope Sprint has a better marketing campaign for the Evo. As I've said, I'm not terribly impressed with the current ad.

bigrey81

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Not defensive at all. The exterior looks are obviously a minimal issue to me, I already stated that, lol. I'm just pointing out that the "you're going to cover it with a case anyway" is a strawman arguement. You aren't argueing that the design is actually good. It actually strengthens the poor design position.

I really didn't want to start this one up again. Just pointing out the fact that the design has been beat up by pretty much every tech site and most that have seen it that aren't biased, and that the case arguement is a cop out. I bought the phone because I like the specs. The masses look at it and think "ugh"

you know both of you guys are correct take the the iphone all glass cant really get physical damage ins on it but people purchase it and you have to be an idiot not to put a case on it cause you will shatter that thing...

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Crzycrkr ,Just point us to all these articles on the design issues you are adamant about reposting but can't back up....:p

brownhornet

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Regardless of where the thread has gone, it all still begs the question:

"So what if it is languishing on store shelves?"

The "so what" is that Sprint is a business. They make money off of phones that sell not phones that look good sitting in boxes in a warehouse. And considering the 3D didn't sell well either, declining sales means them being less likely to go to HTC in the future for their "flagship" phone. It may not seem like a big deal now until the Galaxy line is the only one Sprint has since they sell and HTC doesn't. Since the Evo in the states HTC has been struggling while Samsung is booming. Hell Samsung and Apple alone are pulling 90% of smartphone profits right now. So yea, you definitely DON'T want to see HTC continuing to have poor sales but that seems to be the case. I've only seen one of these new Evos out and about so definitely not good.

Reactions: crzycrkr

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I personally know ten new Evo4GLTE owners in my own circle. If you look at the design of the iPhone and compare how many are still on the shelves at Sprint store, you will be pretty surprised....just sayin :beer::D:p:thumbup:

brownhornet

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I personally know ten new Evo4GLTE owners in my own circle. If you look at the design of the iPhone and compare how many are still on the shelves at Sprint store, you will be pretty surprised....just sayin :beer::D:p:thumbup:

Yea, and I knew some folks that had the 3D and it still sold poorly just like this phone is. And regardless of how many iphones are on the shelves it's already proven to be Sprint's biggest seller and is the reason why it's given the main priority now. These telecom companies don't buy these phones for popularity, they buy them to make money off of them. And that is the reason why every carrier loves the iphone no matter how much people here dislike it, not a single phone can outsell it. When the first 4G one drops this year you will see the difference between how much support they have and how much support HTC has pretty easily.

shadowhawk2020

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately Apple's delay hurt this phone's initial sales. The fact that the GSIII is coming out so soon made people pause before buying this device.

Once more is known about the Galaxy I predict the EVO sales will pick up.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately Apple's delay hurt this phone's initial sales. The fact that the GSIII is coming out so soon made people pause before buying this device.

Once more is known about the Galaxy I predict the EVO sales will pick up.

You're definitely right about the GSIII having something to do with the sales. I'm not sure what will happen once it comes out though. Based on the few polls I've seen, it seems like the majority out there favor Samsung. Hell, the previous model sales prove that. I believe AC had a poll a few weeks ago and the GSIII won in a landslide

shadowhawk2020

May 20, 2010
Visit site
You're definitely right about the GSIII having something to do with the sales. I'm not sure what will happen once it comes out though. Based on the few polls I've seen, it seems like the majority out there favor Samsung. Hell, the previous model sales prove that. I believe AC had a poll a few weeks ago and the GSIII won in a landslide

Samsung will sell a TON, but there will be those that waited and decided to buy the Evo instead. Just the Ghost of a phone out there is keeping some sales from HTC.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Samsung will sell a TON, but there will be those that waited and decided to buy the Evo instead. Just the Ghost of a phone out there is keeping some sales from HTC.

Oh. I don't doubt there will be increased sales for HTC after the GSIII releases, I just wonder how much of an increase

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
The average phone buyer, when comparing phones in the store, will simply look at the screens and choose the gaudy, oversaturated AMOLED over a sharper more color accurate screen every time.

Those that frequent these forums are not even close to being an average buyer. We are but a tiny percentage of overall sales.

Last edited:

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
The average phone buyer, when comparing phones in the store, will simply look at the screens and choose the gaudy, oversaturated AMOLED over a sharper more color accurate screen every time.

Those that frequent these forums are not even close to being an average buyer. We are but a tiny percentage of overall sales.

Agreed. You can get the AMOLED colors set well with Voodoo

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
There's nothing like spirited debate. Obviously everyone posting has an emotional stake on some level in HTC. But as the moderator mentioned, let's keep it clean. I assume we're all out of elementary school and thus have developed tact and decorum. Exercise it.
I'm definitely a big fan of HTC, mostly due to their build quality across the board. Their devices always look high end. But just as I'm critical of my child when he misbehaves, though I love him more than life itself, so I am critical of HTC once I think they've lost their way. Doesn't mean I'm no longer a fan. Rather that I don't want to see their level of quality drop.
I'm fully irritated by the lack of marketing for the Evo at this point. Design notwithstanding, I'm sure there are droves who would be pulled in to take a look at the Evo.
I've seen no print ads. One Internet spot. No tv spot in heavy rotation. Just seems like HTC/Sprint is dropping the ball. Some of you rightfully rue the fact that you don't care if the masses (who we've learned are asses) don't line up for the Evo, but what happens to HTC's fortunes if this device doesn't sell well? HTC can ill afford a flop at this point. HTC needs this device to be a financial hit.
I, for one, want to see high quality HTC devices produced in the foreseeable future.
It would behoove them to get on the ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174