Exchange Moto X for Moto Maker-built one?

jeffnucci

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
I've had my X for 8 days. Should I call and get it exchanged for a Moto Maker one? call VZW or Moto? Just curious. Love this phone.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I've had my X for 8 days. Should I call and get it exchanged for a Moto Maker one? call VZW or Moto? Just curious. Love this phone.

Depends on several factors. Do you usually sell your old devices when you get a new one? If you do, a customized x may be harder to sell depending on the colors and if your potential buyers are looking for that.

On the flip side of that, if you keep it for a while then you may want to customize since you will be using it every day for 2 years.

Either way it's a great phone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

jeffnucci

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm for sure keeping it either way. Don't care about resale value, just want to get it exchanged before my return period is up. It really doesn't matter to me, just didn't know if anyone knew of an easier way to get a custom one.

jeffnucci

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
I thought I would follow-up on this question with an answer I discovered myself. There is no easy way to get a stock Moto X customized even if you are within your 14 days. At least on Verizon anyways. Moto and VZW cust serv sent me back and forth between companies. I didn't want to be out of a phone so I'll just deal with it. I love this phone, I just wish I could have a green back. It's a shame too because the backplate pops off with enough patience. Just send me a damn green backplate and I'll do it myself!

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I thought I would follow-up on this question with an answer I discovered myself. There is no easy way to get a stock Moto X customized even if you are within your 14 days. At least on Verizon anyways. Moto and VZW cust serv sent me back and forth between companies. I didn't want to be out of a phone so I'll just deal with it. I love this phone, I just wish I could have a green back. It's a shame too because the backplate pops off with enough patience. Just send me a damn green backplate and I'll do it myself!

Look over on XDA. There are links to folks selling backplates and instructions on replacing.