ExchangeActive Sync and attachments.

joelfranke

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having Exchange ActiveSync issues? It goes out a few times a week and then comes back. Also I am unable to send emails with attachments from my TB. Is there a setting I need to change? I have increased the size of attachment allowance to maximum. Help please! I never had these issues with my BB.

pibe2001

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've also had some issues with exchange activesync. I will get email in my general inbox then the email will disappear out of no where a few hours later, but i will see it in Microsoft Outlook...weird

joelfranke

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
thing is i don't have any issues with outlook. I get a server error and my phone keeps trying to sync. If i don't catch it the battery drains in my pocket. Also i still cant get it to allow me to attach anything to outgoing messages. They continually fail. I really need some help and guidance here. This is my first HTC and the user interface is far different from my BB.

froader

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Do you happen to be using a Network Extender?

I had a similar problem when I got my 3G network Extender. I spent a bunch of time with Verizon tech support and they finally took responsibility and a FW upgrade for the NE, which has been fine since.

You can test by turning on WIFI and if it works, then it's the network in some way or another.

froader

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Wifi doesnt fix the attachment problem at all. Still says cant send. I am at a lose. I might have to go to the verizon store.

Hmmm, what about gmail attachments?
Are you using HTC Mail? And have exchange setup correctly? Have you ever been able to send attachments via exchange on your TB or any other Android device?

joelfranke

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, what about gmail attachments?
Are you using HTC Mail? And have exchange setup correctly? Have you ever been able to send attachments via exchange on your TB or any other Android device?
I was able to send an attachment using gmail. I am trying to send it through my work account witch is where i send 99% of my emails. I think it is setup correctly. My emails works most of the time. Exchange sync does go in and out though.

This is my first android phone.

KarbonKopy

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
My exchange does on occasion stop syncing but will later sync up fine. I tend to ignore the random errors and figure HTC will update the mail app when we get a OTA. I know there are known issues with getting the calender to sync properly, but a work around has been found for the time being. I have been able to attach and send docs no problem from mine though.

gibraltar

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
New Android user here. Coming over from MinMo 6.5.
Currently have 2 Thunderbolts on our account.
Exchange Activesync seems to work as expected with 1 exception.
When forwarding a message from the phone, the forwarded message becomes an attachment and any files attached to it are not forwarded.

Within WinMo we had the option to include the first message within the body when forwarding. When using this option, attachments forwarded as expected (as long as they were downloaded to the device).

Touchdown seems to work fine. However, I'm not sure we want to support 2 inboxes on each device. Nor do we really want to pay the $20 per device for a service that is supposed to be supported natively.

has anyone else had/solved this issue?

AirlinerDudeB6

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
You are not alone.

I have the exact same Sync issue! It will display the unable to sync icon with an error message that it failed to connect to server.

Sometimes it clears itself up in 5-10 mins and other times it has taken as long as an hour to clear. Restarts and other fixes have yet to do anything for me. It seems to be just a waiting game. Hopefully HTC is working on a fix and it will be with the next OTA update...fingers crossed! I get ALOT of email for work (Exchange Server) and having it "fubar" whenever it feels like it is unacceptable!

froader

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I was able to send an attachment using gmail. I am trying to send it through my work account witch is where i send 99% of my emails. I think it is setup correctly. My emails works most of the time. Exchange sync does go in and out though.

This is my first android phone.

OK.... So, have you EVER gotten it to work on this phone or another mobile device? I am guessing no, which is probably related to the account not being setup just right on the phone or on the exchange server.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
You are not alone.

I have the exact same Sync issue! It will display the unable to sync icon with an error message that it failed to connect to server.

Sometimes it clears itself up in 5-10 mins and other times it has taken as long as an hour to clear. Restarts and other fixes have yet to do anything for me. It seems to be just a waiting game. Hopefully HTC is working on a fix and it will be with the next OTA update...fingers crossed! I get ALOT of email for work (Exchange Server) and having it "fubar" whenever it feels like it is unacceptable!
Question: Do you have any other syncs being duplicated? For instance, I have Gmail setup using ActiveSync. Initially the phone auto-setup for AciveSync to sync Mail, Contacts and Calendar. The Gmail (required by Android) auto-setup to sync Mail, Contacts and Calendar. I was seeing frequent failed syncs. I changed it so no syncs were duplicated. I set Activesync to sync Mail and Contacts and I set Google to sync only Calendar. Voila, faster, no hangs, no failed syncs, life is good.

I should add that I also have a seperate IMAP account being synced. That that is fully independent of these Activesync/Google syncs. That account is also working well.

Just food for thought.

-Frank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord