Extended OEM battery

Bwhick

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,
I just got the galaxy nexus on sprint a few days ago and I love the phone. The only draw back is the battery life. I was wondering if anyone knew if sprint was going to be releasing a 2100mah battery similar to what Verizon did with there version.

I considered the larger 3800mah battery but just feel like it makes the phone to big.

xdalaw

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
I just bought two 2100s from my BJs Verizon kiosk. 1/2 price. ($25. each)
Will modify Verizon back cover and use in Ottrbox or Seidio Surface extended.

Needed the extra juice without too much added bulk. :)

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I just bought two 2100s from my BJs Verizon kiosk. 1/2 price. ($25. each)
Will modify Verizon back cover and use in Ottrbox or Seidio Surface extended.

Needed the extra juice without too much added bulk. :)

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Hey i was just wondering how it was going with the 2100's? Do you see a significant increase in battery. I was thinking about getting one and because i use the cruzerlite tpu cases i really dont need the verizon back.

xdalaw

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
Definitely better, but not great. Worth it for me though. (Also still conditioning them both.)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ajk511

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey i was just wondering how it was going with the 2100's? Do you see a significant increase in battery. I was thinking about getting one and because i use the cruzerlite tpu cases i really dont need the verizon back.

Definitely worth it for $25. It's not a night and day difference but it is noticeable. The battery cover has to by modified, trimming off two of the clips on one side that don't line up. You also have to take a tiny tiny chunk out of this ridge in one of the corners. The sprint phone has a small gap there, the Verizon one doesn't. I can't put pics up right this second but it's pretty obvious if you compare the two covers. You don't have to do the ridge, but it won't sit completely flush if you don't. That's fine if you're using a case. There is also this ridge dead center on the Verizon one. I felt that it was pushing the back cover up so I removed that too. Did all of it with the edge of a scissors blade but sand paper or a dremil tool would make quicker work of it all. Now to figure out how to hide the Verizon logo.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus CDMA using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: xdalaw

canteenboy

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Battery still seems to drain quick with the extended. I am still using the sprint cover since I have it in a tpu case. I tried modding the verizon one but it seemed worse.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Battery still seems to drain quick with the extended. I am still using the sprint cover since I have it in a tpu case. I tried modding the verizon one but it seemed worse.

Define quick? Is it not lasing you a day? If so, what does your battery usage show? What applications are using the battery? What radios do you have enabled? What is your usage? (phone calls, web browsing, bluetooth, games, etc)

canteenboy

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Define quick? Is it not lasing you a day? If so, what does your battery usage show? What applications are using the battery? What radios do you have enabled? What is your usage? (phone calls, web browsing, bluetooth, games, etc)

It lasted more than a day. 1 day 10 hours 53 minutes. 2 hours 20 min screen time and 48 minutes of talk time. Wifi, Bluetooth, and GPS all on.
This is my 3rd cycle on the battery so it seems to be getting better.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Assuming you had average usage (Email accounts syncing, etc) that sounds like good battery life :)

Glad to hear that it is getting better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramiaec