Extremely Weak VIbration

SYMAWD

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else find the vibration to be extremely weak for notifications. On my past HTC phones I always kept them on vibrate as I'd be able to hear the vibration or feel it. But with the M9 it is so weak it can't be heard and even when I am receiving a phone call I can barely feel the vibration holding it in my hand. Is everyone else's M9 like this?

aallison1882

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else find the vibration to be extremely weak for notifications. On my past HTC phones I always kept them on vibrate as I'd be able to hear the vibration or feel it. But with the M9 it is so weak it can't be heard and even when I am receiving a phone call I can barely feel the vibration holding it in my hand. Is everyone else's M9 like this?

Definitely do not have a weak vibration problem. I have to keep the phone on my portfolio during meetings to avoid startling everyone when I get a message or call and that's with a Spigen slim armor case that deadens the vibration strength.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Having previously gone from a HTC device that had a rotating actuator in the vibration motor to a Nexus that had a linear actuator , I can tell the M9 has a linear actuator. Rotating actuators vibrate more violently, so when placed on a flat, hard surface, you can more easily hear the vibration. However, it is said that although a linear actuator shakes less, it's intensity is greater and can be felt in the pocket better. Personally, I have found this to be true. I'm not sure why the manufacturers are switching motors, but I have a feeling the fact that motors with linear actuators consume less power has a lot to do with it. I find the vibration with my M9 to be good. It is comparable to my Nexus, but in comparison to previous devices I had that had rotating actuators, on the surface it feels weak.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

SYMAWD

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, the vibration is just about pointless on my phone. It's usually on my desk though, so the notification light helps.