facebook mobile web

huskers15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm rooted and was wondering if it has been acting up. For example I post a comment and the comment itself doesn't go away. Loading is very slow. Anyone having this plm?

denisew1972

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Glad I'm not the only one... My Facebook comment (status) hasn't changed on the phone since last Wednesday. I post daily and all my new status changes appear under Wednesdays post, what gives? I'm not rooted either.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm rooted and was wondering if it has been acting up. For example I post a comment and the comment itself doesn't go away. Loading is very slow. Anyone having this plm?
Try updating data profile= menu - settings - system updates - data profile. Or turn on and off airplane mode. See if either one fixes the problem.
It's not rooting. I'm am.not rooted and my comment doesnt go away either. My browser is very sluggish!
Follow the steps above... I too have had problems with sluggish loading web-browser with the facebook app. You could uninstall and reinstall the Facebook app. Menu - settings -applications - manage applications - all - Facebook app.
Glad I'm not the only one... My Facebook comment (status) hasn't changed on the phone since last Wednesday. I post daily and all my new status changes appear under Wednesdays post, what gives? I'm not rooted either.
Make sure that you're using Facebook for android. Facebook touch doesn't seem to work very well most times. Follow the posted steps above could fix the problem.

Good luck -

denisew1972

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Thanks! Tried all above suggestions to no avail, except the uninstall.... neither Facebook or Facebook for HTC Sense is highlighted to allow me to unistall them, I guess I can't. I'm using the one that comes in the bookmarks section... is that Touch?

huskers15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes the one ur using in bookmark is touch. Try m.Facebook.com. that's the one I have been having problems with. I am rooted and at the bottom of the page its says download app for nexus s. I am using an evo. What gives?

SSjon

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
That is just Facebook knowing your using an Android phone and wants you to try out their app. Personally I like the app better, viewing pics works a lot better and the switching from portrait to landscape works, unlike touch site.

Rivest

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
This issue is caused by Facebook. Every time they update (in their minds 'improve') their mobile site versions, they screw crap up. Not much help since all FB apps are equally as bad.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
It is definitely the FB app, I've noticed the same issue. I cannot stand the FB app, so I use my browser, works MUCH better.

I wish I could totally remove the FB app from the phone. It's such a crummy app, I consider it bloatware.

NuMom2J

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
i've found that both the mobile facebook site annnnnd the facebook app (htc sense/the regular app??) are VERY slow, not up-to-date, even afer refreshing...not loading correctly, and the list goes on. BUT when have we ever NOT had a problem with facebook? i'm a former blackberry user and i remember the app was so poor on there i didn't even bother with it after a while...and the mobile site wasn't much better. and before my blackberries, even my motorolla, or my sister's ipod touch, etc. i'm at the point where i truly believe facebook probably only REALLY works at the facebook HQ. i'm on it right now, at my desktop computer and it's still acting funky.

airtime

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I've got a question, and I'm not sure this is where it needs to be posted, but it sounds like it may be on the topic. I dont like using the mobile FB version, I dont like the layout, options, whatever. So, instead I try to just use my browser and the desktop site, however, sometimes when switching from say home feed to profile or vice versa it will automatically load the mobile site and I have to once again select desktop site. Is there anyway to keep this from happening with my phones settings? Is this happening to anyone else? Not sure if its relevant, but I'm on the Atrix.
Thanks in advance-

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
THe mobile version of Facebook (Touch) hasn't been working lately. I don't know if they dropped support for it but it doesn't work. I would recommend using Friendcaster for Facebook (Formerly called Flow). The developer has a website and has been responding very well to comments and suggestions. Using mobile browsers for FB will cause headaches. If you want a web version, try Skyfire's browser. It has a FB app within the browser.

Hey, I've got a question, and I'm not sure this is where it needs to be posted, but it sounds like it may be on the topic. I dont like using the mobile FB version, I dont like the layout, options, whatever. So, instead I try to just use my browser and the desktop site, however, sometimes when switching from say home feed to profile or vice versa it will automatically load the mobile site and I have to once again select desktop site. Is there anyway to keep this from happening with my phones settings? Is this happening to anyone else? Not sure if its relevant, but I'm on the Atrix.
Thanks in advance-