Farewell Nexus 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Fellow Nexus 4 users,

As I mentioned when I started posting about a month ago, I was an iPhone 4S guy moving to the Nexus 4 when my phone broke. I bought it from Google Play in late July and have used it as an everyday phone until then.

Over the past few weeks, I've really enjoyed using it! I loved the freedom of Android 4.2 & 3, and how smooth and different it was.

Now, as I go 'back where I belong, I will never again dismiss Android as 'an excuse of an OS', because I know that it is another experience, one that people love just as much with its own unique features and benefits.

I sold my Nexus 4 today on eBay, and have decided I'll combine the money with savings to buy the next generation iPhone.

The forum has been very helpful and interesting over the past few weeks, and I thank you all!

If you loved it, why are you leaving? What was the deal breaker?

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Shows how dense the IOS fanatics are, to get on an Android 4 forum and try to convince everyone how smart they are for choosing an IPhone, which currently is being outsold by Android. . Duh!!!!!!!!

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Like I said. These goodbye threads are just posted to start flame wars. Nobody gives a rats @#$ that you decided to leave for iOS. It doesn't warrant it's own thread. Just leave.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Shows how dense the IOS fanatics are, to get on an Android 4 forum and try to convince everyone how smart they are for choosing an IPhone, which currently is being outsold by Android. . Duh!!!!!!!!

Can you not read my signature? I have no intention to use iOS on my phone. Never tried convincing you that iPhones are best . further more iPhones are outsold by Android devices because there are about 1 billion Android manufacturers. But I'm done with a person they doesn't seem to understand preference and also calls me dense. Seeya you can just live in your fantasy.

Posted via Android Central App using my awesome Nexus 4

amcity32

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
And one of the first phones that had a dual core A15 based processor LTE bigger battery Bluetooth 4.0 LE(which I got a year later on my Nexus 4) all in a 4.0 display THATS impressive.

iPhone 5's battery is less than 2000 mah

Posted via Android Central App using my Nexus 4

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

What an accomplishment, 100 different models outselling two. :p

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
iPhone 5's battery is less than 2000 mah

Posted via Android Central App using my Nexus 4

So what? It still has a better battery life then my Nexus 4. Battery capacity doesnt matter the same way specs don't matter either. And FYI yes the iPhone 5 DID have a bigger batter then the iPhone 4S.

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Can you not read my signature? I have no intention to use iOS on my phone. Never tried convincing you that iPhones are best . further more iPhones are outsold by Android devices because there are about 1 billion Android manufacturers. But I'm done with a person they doesn't seem to understand preference and also calls me dense. Seeya you can just live in your fantasy.

There are more manufacturers of Android phones, because it is an open platform, not like IOS which makes everyone lock step to the Apple directives. iPhones are for people that want something simple, that don't require much in the way of thinking to operate. It's like AOL was , 15 years ago. People are growing away from that "smart phone for dummies" mentality.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
There are more manufacturers of Android phones, because it is an open platform, not like IOS which makes everyone lock step to the Apple directives. iPhones are for people that want something simple, that don't require much in the way of thinking to operate. It's like AOL was , 15 years ago. People are growing away from that "smart phone for dummies" mentality.

You can't be serious. Android has audio delay iOS doesn't so musical artists use iOS. Just because iOS is subjectively easier doesn't mean you have to be a stupid person to use it. Also so what if iOS is locked down? Seriously. That argument doesn't hold water at all.

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Tell me again how many android devices can do anything useful with NFC? How many have twist to use camera? How many gesture controls actually work?

Bigger, higher resolution screens are not innovation. They're iterative improvements. Same with the inclusion of fitness trackers and always on voice. That's also ignoring that Google didn't seem to take an interest in serious voice control/interaction until apple bought siri and integrated it at the os level. Despite what you may believe, few would agree siri has been a failure considering it can do things that Google now still cannot.

(Also, knock knock isn't an innovation and LG didn't invent it...so there's that)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Lol. My bad. You're completely right, of course. I admit that the only innovation in the mobile device space was when Apple invented the smart phone in 2007. And it was true innovation, there had never been a mobile device that could fetch email or send text messages!

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
You can't be serious. Android has audio delay iOS doesn't so musical artists use iOS. Just because iOS is subjectively easier doesn't mean you have to be a stupid person to use it. Also so what if iOS is locked down? Seriously. That argument doesn't hold water at all.

What do you mean "what if" iOS is locked down. It is. However, even in its gimped, locked state, there is nothing an iPhone can't do better than every Android device that will ever be invented in the future of forever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sH4D0Wm4N