Farewell Nexus 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
You must be on something, if you think an iPhone is equivalent to a Bugatti Veyron, and an Android to a Corolla.... you must be crazy.
I love how are pointing the finger of "fanboys" supporting Android.... but what are you doing right now? Opening my eyes to see an iPhone is like a bugatti? HAHAHAHA

Seriously, stop pointing fingers, There will be extremest for anything and everything on this planet.
You are obviously a big Apple fan, Congratulations, I have nothing against apple, They make good product.... But so does Google, I love my Nexus (Corolla according to you) and wouldnt trade it for an iPhone (Bugatti) right now. Even if it was a straight across trade.

Not everyone will share the same opinions, or in this case FACTS (Corolla and Bugatti) HAHAHA
To be honest. I feel that us android "fanboys" seem to have a more level head than yourself.

PS Im not really a fanboy, I actually just like a good phone that makes phones calls. And at the moment, That phone is a Nexus.
So watch me drive off into the sunset with my Corolla gettting 40 MPG :p
View attachment 77359

Wow you totally missed the point. Let me clarify for members, such as you, who don't understand my point. Just because one product sells more than the other doesn't mean it's better. Allow me to try this again. How many N4's sold compared to S4's?

I also have more Android devices than iDevices. I'm a fanboy of tech.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Wow you totally missed the point. Let me clarify for members, such as you, who don't understand my point. Just because one product sells more than the other doesn't mean it's better. Allow me to try this again. How many N4's sold compared to S4's?

I also have more Android devices than iDevices. I'm a fanboy of tech.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Agreed
I will take an N4 over the S4 anyday,
But I know many people who love there S4s
I even know people who love there Metro PCS LG optimus phones.
And I know people who love there iPhones

My point is that no one is wrong. Its a personal choice that is only here to bring enjoyment.
The ignorant posters Just have there panties stuck. We are on the same page, We just all need to be careful with our posts not to sound like someone else is wrong for choosing a certain brand/carrier/phone etc.

And Im sorry, I had to laugh. That analogy was terrible when compared to an iPhone vs Android. HAHA

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
No one. Innovation ends after the first one is made. There have been ZERO innovations in automobiles since the 1780's, refrigeration since 1805, and weapons since 4000 B.C.

The logic in this thread is...overwhelming.

Google is with Google glass. But its something new. No company is actually doing anything innovative besides the custom ROM teams with PIE and HALO. That's my point, stop being so rude please its a phone no need to offend people over it.

Posted via Android Central App using my awesome Nexus 4

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
There is a reason. This iOS v. Android argument deserves nothing but sarcasm.

I admit, even in this thread, that Apple makes great hardware and software.

Where are the Apple defenders that will admit that there is great Android based hardware and software?

This is not personal to me, and I haven't made any personal claims or allegations about your friend, or frankly anyone else in this thread.

Regarding his opinion? You bet I don't agree, and I'll express my disagreement using any language tool I like, including sarcasm.

I will not agree that a locked down ecosystem is better than an open one. There is a reason people fight for open tech standards - and I agree with them.

Posted via Android Central App

I admit it. I have a freaking Nexus 4 and have stated multiple times I will not leave Android for iOS on phones anymore until apple fixes issues I have with iOS.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
There is a reason. This iOS v. Android argument deserves nothing but sarcasm.

I admit, even in this thread, that Apple makes great hardware and software.

Where are the Apple defenders that will admit that there is great Android based hardware and software?

This is not personal to me, and I haven't made any personal claims or allegations about your friend, or frankly anyone else in this thread.

Regarding his opinion? You bet I don't agree, and I'll express my disagreement using any language tool I like, including sarcasm.

I will not agree that a locked down ecosystem is better than an open one. There is a reason people fight for open tech standards - and I agree with them.

Your China anology is flawed. If I use my iPad I am not censored. Apple does not block me from going to the Google webpage or Microsoft webpage. And furthermore only tech heads such as ourself care about open standards because guess what? My dad in mortgage broking couldn't care less about whether or not iOS is open source as long as he can do his business and gets great battery life at it.

Laughinghyena

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
After using android for a couple of years I was curious of the apple experience and sold my s3 for the 4s. I figured there were no significant differences between the 4s and the 5 so I went ahead purchased an unlocked one from ebay. The experience was alright I guess. It took some getting used to. Not that the OS was difficult to understand, it just didn't suit my needs like android. It felt good in the hand though. If the damn thing had a screen size at least comparable to the s2 I may have kept it.

I got rid of it within a week and purchased the s4. No regrets. I'm an android fanboy after using an iphone and the ipad. Maybe a few years ago I would have felt like I was missing out by choosing android but I felt like I was "missing out" while using apple for that one week.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
After using android for a couple of years I was curious of the apple experience and sold my s3 for the 4s. I figured there were no significant differences between the 4s and the 5 so I went ahead purchased an unlocked one from ebay. The experience was alright I guess. It took some getting used to. Not that the OS was difficult to understand, it just didn't suit my needs like android. It felt good in the hand though. If the damn thing had a screen size at least comparable to the s2 I may have kept it.

I got rid of it within a week and purchased the s4. No regrets. I'm an android fanboy after using an iphone and the ipad. Maybe a few years ago I would have felt like I was missing out by choosing android but I felt like I was "missing out" while using apple for that one week.

The iPhone 5 is not anything like the 4S.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I agree. I mean, China is just like the U.S. only locked down. You can get food, water and shelter in both countries. Not better or worse, just different. I'll hit the Apple store on the way to catch my plane to China.

What's with the attitude? Its uncalled for and unnecessary.

Just because there is something out there thats different, and people hold different opinions than you, doesn't mean you have the right to behave the way you are.

Android and ios each have different philosophies behind them. One is not better or worse than the other, and each ecosystem has its strengths and weaknesses. People that believe in absolutes in regards to either os are being willfully ignorant and add nothing to the conversation except fanboy white noise.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
This is my last post in this thread.

1. If you were offended or otherwise put-off by my sarcastic posts, too bad. I will say this for the second time, I didn't attack anyone, and this is not personal for me. Apparently several of you took my analogies personally. I can't help you with that.

2. It's inappropriate for me to be sarcastic and you can allege that I have an attitude, but you can tell me how to behave? Who do you think you are? Lol.

3. I love this site and this community, and I haven't gotten caught up in an argument like this before, although I like the debate - many of us were too young to remember the Apple v. MS of the 80's and 90's.....so now we've got iOS v. Android.

Maybe we'll all be friends someday.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
This is my last post in this thread.

1. If you were offended or otherwise put-off by my sarcastic posts, too bad. I will say this for the second time, I didn't attack anyone, and this is not personal for me. Apparently several of you took my analogies personally. I can't help you with that.

2. It's inappropriate for me to be sarcastic and you can allege that I have an attitude, but you can tell me how to behave? Who do you think you are? Lol.

3. I love this site and this community, and I haven't gotten caught up in an argument like this before, although I like the debate - many of us were too young to remember the Apple v. MS of the 80's and 90's.....so now we've got iOS v. Android.

Maybe we'll all be friends someday.

I would like to be friends:)

Tall Mike 2145

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Yet another thread that is inappropriate and should have been shut down on Page 1 instead of letting it run amuck this long.

Frankly, I wish you folks would stop trying to wage your crusades and holy wars here.

bearda

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone 5 is not anything like the 4S.

cant-tell-if-joking-or-just-stupid.jpg

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
This thread has run its course. I strongly suggest that the participants not take their nonsense to other threads.

Closed.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sH4D0Wm4N