Favorite LG v40 Cases

mrvco

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered a v40 and would like some recommendations on cases. I've always preferred 'slim' cases made out of grippy polycarbonate rather than TPU. The Banzn case in gravel green caught my eye on Amazon, but it doesn't have any reviews yet.

I know this case isn't quite what I just described, but has anyone tried the Spigen Tough Armor case for the v40?

Cuda13

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered a v40 and would like some recommendations on cases. I've always preferred 'slim' cases made out of grippy polycarbonate rather than TPU. The Banzn case in gravel green caught my eye on Amazon, but it doesn't have any reviews yet.

I know this case isn't quite what I just described, but has anyone tried the Spigen Tough Armor case for the v40?

I have the tough armor case and for a case that's supposed to be a little beefier than the slim armor and the rugged armor I find it pretty slim. I'm still adjusting to the size difference of this phone vs my old Motorola X Pure though. I'm not sorry I purchased it.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Can't go wrong with Spigen. Very beautifully designed.. nice matte finish TPU for better grip and contoured edges for comfort.. it's thick enough to protect from drops..

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I am using this and really like it.

Ringke [Fusion-X] Compatible with V40 Case Ergonomic Transparent [Military Drop Tested Defense] Hard PC Back TPU Bumper Impact Resistant Protection Cover for LG V40 ThinQ (2018) - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HRNH2C...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6389427

Another vote for Ringke cases, I've used them on my V10, V20 and now my V40. I use the regular Fusion:

https://www.amazon.com/Ringke-Compa...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6389427

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
A Spigen Liquied Crystal for at work

Is this a clear case? I used a Spigen clear case once on another phone (I think it was a Liquid Crystal case too) and it yellowed pretty badly within a year. That was the only thing I didn't like about the case.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I use credit card cases (no longer use a wallet) and ordered this one:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JF68Y1B/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just curious, by having your credit card(s) so close to your phone, have you ever had "magnetic damage" to your cards? When I was traveling a lot, I had to be careful with my room key because my phone was always erasing them. Started making sure that my phone and room key were on opposite sides of my body and the problem went away.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Just curious, by having your credit card(s) so close to your phone, have you ever had "magnetic damage" to your cards? When I was traveling a lot, I had to be careful with my room key because my phone was always erasing them. Started making sure that my phone and room key were on opposite sides of my body and the problem went away.

Been using this type of case (in 2 different phones) for over a year and have had no issues.

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
GOOSPERY LG V40 ThinQ Case, LG V40 Case [Slim Fit] Style Lux [Lightweight] Rubber Silicone TPU Case [Non Slip] Bumper Cover [Flexible] LG V40 ThinQ (Matte Black) LGV40-STYL-BLK https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JGL439...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6391337

Can't say enough about this case. Definitely my favorite after two previous ones. Very minimal and good grip. Textured and not glossy.

That's a cool case, I like it...
I think I'm going to add it to my collection. I like to rotate my cases. I like the thin cases and the one you're using looks very nice and thin

I'm using these two and I have nothing but good things to say about them. Snug fit and very thin.

https://www.amazon.com/Began-Carbon...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6391337

https://www.amazon.com/Began-Resist...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6391337

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I have both of those! Still like them, but I like the feel of this one a little better. OCD when it comes to this stuff. Wife thinks I'm crazy.

mrvco

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I got my v40 last night and the Spigen Tough Armor case. This case is -very- nice, the TPU inner case has a nice solid feel to it rather than the more rubbery feel from other TPU cases. It feels very solid and grippy in my hand. The only thing I would change would be to make the button covers a bit more tactile, especially since i'm not used to the button placement yet.

I also ordered one of the Banzn cases and it has a nice grippy feel to it. My only reservation about this case is that the lip around the screen doesn't seem to protect the screen as much as I would like.

DreDay74

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
I have a spigen liquid crystal which is clear & light. $11.99 from Amazon. Accidentally knocked the phone off the bathroom counter just after getting the case, no problems at all.

Grabber5.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I usually buy the Ringke Fusion for all of my phones, as they are nice and show off the back. Currently I'm using a Spigen Rugged Armor and really like it as well. With such a large phone, I need a case that is protective but minimal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pemujica14