Favorite new features on the Note 10/10+?

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Agree with you that was an awesome feature. Also, scrapbook was a great feature which isn't there now. Is there a way to collaborate on a note like Google keep between two persons now? If it is, that makes it great productivity tool.

Idk, but I agree having the ability to collab like that would be awesome.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft integration. I thought I read a few months back Samsung was discontinuing their email app. I assume this is the reason since outlook auto installed. No point of 2 email apps already installed. I use outlook anyway so looking forward to it. I go back and forth between android messages on laptop and MS's Your Phone so hopefully will improve some more.

Yes, Microsoft integration might work.
Using OneNote or SharePoint to collaborate with others is one way to do that. With the new Dex Cable only and phone computer share feature, this might be a way to do that. We're trying some OneNote documents for those who aren't near a computer but will have a phone with them and need a document or information right then.

I only used Samsung's email for a junk email I used on a forum that was a Hotmail account.

tbbiggs

Aug 13, 2019
Visit site
Guess my experience is unique, I was really on the fence between this and the One Plus 7 Pro, pretty much just a click away from getting the 7 Pro on Amazon until they announced that the Note 10+ can do 3D modeling templates, I do a bit of 3D printing so that made me jump without hesitation!

3D scanning cameras that need to get plugged into a computer and are still a 50/50 chance of coming out crappy are $600+ so it was a no brainer, plus the fact that I've been a Samsung smartphone loyalist since the Blackjack 1 (sans the double Note 7 fiasco when I got an LG V20 to pass the time until the Note 8), so Samsung better do me right this time!

Same here. I was right on the edge of preordering, $1100 is a CHUNK, but the 3D scanning put it over the edge for me. Hope it works as well as the demo did!

If I had to choose a second option, it would definitely be the Microsoft integration.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the write on calendar feature was a nice touch. I used that often. The Note line just randomly takes features off then years later they pop back up. I'm still waiting for the original Action Memo.

Do you remember with the N3 there was a camera feature where you could take a photo then flip it over and write on the back? I used that on a vacation to NYC and it was a total hit. When we were club hopping we'd take photos with people then flip the photo and write their name and #. I would LOVE to see that feature come back! (Although my club hopping days are loooooooong gone)
I would give anything to get action memo back. Was hoping people would raise hell so that Sammy would bring it back, but it seems as if most haven't notice. That feature alone put the note above the rest.

AQPerry

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Same here. I was right on the edge of preordering, $1100 is a CHUNK, but the 3D scanning put it over the edge for me. Hope it works as well as the demo did!

If I had to choose a second option, it would definitely be the Microsoft integration.

If it works as well as it did in the demo it definitely can be a big boom to the 3D printing industry and get a lot attention, will definitely save a lot of CAD work to get templates!

gyounk

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
For me the features that really interested me are:
- Samsung Notes addition of a simpler ink to text translation. I love this over Action Memo. (I tried it on the Note 8 and it was just ok).
- Larger screen. 6.8"! It look much larger than my Note9 6.3/6.4" screen.
- PowerShare to charge another device from the Note10+
- Spen gestures to add to the great screen gestures that we have with OneUI and Android Pie.

Note10+ is my dream Note. It finally added the last "piece to the puzzle" from the feature set of the Apple Newton that I used a lot (ink to text easier way).

Travis Biggs

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
For me the features that really interested me are:
- Samsung Notes addition of a simpler ink to text translation. I love this over Action Memo. (I tried it on the Note 8 and it was just ok).
- Larger screen. 6.8"! It look much larger than my Note9 6.3/6.4" screen.
- PowerShare to charge another device from the Note10+
- Spen gestures to add to the great screen gestures that we have with OneUI and Android Pie.

Note10+ is my dream Note. It finally added the last "piece to the puzzle" from the feature set of the Apple Newton that I used a lot (ink to text easier way).
I'd agree, except one thing: no IR blaster. I miss that so much.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I forgot to add I'm excited about the powershare. I like that I'll be able to charge my watch at work and I won't have to bring the watch charger with me anymore.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
the 6.8 inch almost bezel less screen if I had to pick just one thing but besides that I like the bigger battery and faster charging both 25w and the 45w for when needed

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
One of the good features using depth sense is measuring. Samsung didn't advertise this much.

Attachments

• 11838.jpg
    11838.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 17

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
The only thing that I can think of is the corrupted camera effect. That is actually the only positive thing that I can say about the Note 10.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I forgot to add I'm excited about the powershare. I like that I'll be able to charge my watch at work and I won't have to bring the watch charger with me anymore.

I am genuinely curious to know how many people actually use it. It's pretty much a feature that is intended for people who are heavily invested in the Samsung ecosystem.

As for myself, I left my Gear S3 Frontier for a Ticwatch Pro and I have had issues with every single Samsung headset that I have ever owned. I don't see myself ever using it.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I am genuinely curious to know how many people actually use it. It's pretty much a feature that is intended for people who are heavily invested in the Samsung ecosystem.

As for myself, I left my Gear S3 Frontier for a Ticwatch Pro and I have had issues with every single Samsung headset that I have ever owned. I don't see myself ever using it.

Powershare will work with anything that uses Qi charging.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Ok....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dijablue