Files on memory card .. Keep or delete?

El_Zacatecas

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I had my Evo rooted by a friend and im not sure what method he actually used..
I been getting into flashing Roms and such things. and i have a couple questions

Question #1) In my Sd Card there is a couple files that im not sure i can delete, or if i still need them the files are

1.MetroDroid 1.2
2.PC36IMG
3.PC36IMG-ENG
4.unrevoked-forever
5.update
They are taking like 1/2 Gb of memory and would like to delete them to make room for other things... are any of these safe to delete? are they still needed?

Question #2) after I flash a Rom and do a backup off it (nandroid) can i delete the Rom's.Zip file ? or do i have to keep it in there?

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I had my Evo rooted by a friend and im not sure what method he actually used..
I been getting into flashing Roms and such things. and i have a couple questions

Question #1) In my Sd Card there is a couple files that im not sure i can delete, or if i still need them the files are

1.MetroDroid 1.2
2.PC36IMG
3.PC36IMG-ENG
4.unrevoked-forever
5.update
They are taking like 1/2 Gb of memory and would like to delete them to make room for other things... are any of these safe to delete? are they still needed?

Question #2) after I flash a Rom and do a backup off it (nandroid) can i delete the Rom's.Zip file ? or do i have to keep it in there?

I know you can delete the ROM zip and that MetroDroid1.2 if your not using it(that's an app folder).

The two PC fills, I think you need to keep the one that doesn't have the "ENG"(not sure what the "ENG" is).

The update file... what's in it? What is it an update for? If your rooted and running a custom ROM I would think you can get rid of it.

And the Enrevoked file... I'm not to sure if you need it on the phone after you root, but just leave it till someone else chimes in that knows a bit more.

Hope some of that helps you out.

Reactions: El_Zacatecas

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Actually you can remove all of that.

They were used for your rooting except metrodroid 1.2 That is for people on metropcs(for roms).

Yes you can delete the rom's zip file once you install it.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If you going to run a ROM, I would at least keep the copy of the current ROM your running on your sdcard. As any frequent/experenced flasher knows you will from time to time have to reflash a ROM or need it because something you did screws things up and you forgot to make a NanDroid Backup.. So instead of having to take 15-20 mins to redownload the ROM again...

I know on my Epic we have 16 gig cards, I have probably 10-15 ROMs/versions sitting on my card at all times along with many themes/converts/restore flashables and its only eating up a few gig. Its worth keeping a few things to have at your disposal if something goes wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny