Finally watched the unpacking event

fwinst

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
That audience was dead. Holy Cow! They should've invited people like us. Then you'd get some excitement going. Just a bunch of jaded tech writers watching.

svtcobra

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
That audience was dead. Holy Cow! They should've invited people like us. Then you'd get some excitement going. Just a bunch of jaded tech writers watching.

I thought that too. I think that Samsung knew that I would pee my pants, at that event. I'm not so sure that would of been pristine advertising. Maybe it would? Lol

Cherries01

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Right? There were so many awkward pauses that should have been filled with applause.

I know right, if it was an apple conference, everyone would be clapping and standing up to something stupid or something that we seen on other platform. I remember one event, they announce something and this lady stood up clapping... I was like she look so pathetic. ??????????????????

ladiinay

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
loved it!! and I LOL'd when they were taking shots at Apple! I went into Best Buy and pre ordered it the next day!! can't wait!!

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I've watched part of it and clips, they definitely put on a show. Along with watching dozens of reviews and some promotions it definitely pushed me to Preorder! I was going to wait for the note 9, which I anticipate will be amazing (has to be right? double N's Note Nine) plus the in screen fingerprint sensor. But Samsung along with the rest of the internet helped me remember how much I missed my note 7 and decided to get this even more improved note 8.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't usually bother with things like this, but the video on that stage was pretty awesome. Loved the 3D effects and how the floor became part of the screen

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I remember this too. And it brought a tear to my eye, (I'm a big baby). I too had to go back to my S6 Edge, and I'm so happy they're back! I didn't want the S7 so I didn't get it..

Lol me too. I went back to my note 5. Guy in video was right that day of the note7 recall was a sad day. Now whenever I get the note8 in my hands, it will be a great day lol;)

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I remember this too. And it brought a tear to my eye, (I'm a big baby). I too had to go back to my S6 Edge, and I'm so happy they're back! I didn't want the S7 so I didn't get it..
Aha. I can admit it now that someone else has, the tear in the eye

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I absolutely LOVED the effects of that stage. When the Note appeared to rise up from the floor was so stinkin cool. However, I kinda wish they'd cool it with the "comedy" and cheesy skits. Like the dork coming out of the stands and posing for fifteen minutes was really odd. Also, stop designing your presentation with breaks for applause. That's more of a pathetic Apple thing where everyone goes buck wild over the dumbest crap. Most of us when it comes to Android have higher expectations and while we appreciate the cool new features, we aren't going to go nuts over it.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
so after reading this thread i was able to watch the whole unpacked while at work lol. Good stuff so excited to get my hands on this thing. I've been practicing on my wife's S8 plus lol

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I might have a practise on my husband's S7 edge lol
Lol that would be an adjustment. I had that before the 8+. Big difference. The regular 8 and the 7 edge are about the same size. See this pic I took of the S8 and Note 8.
4a9bd331be569365a53d8e9d8597be5c.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana