Fingerprint lock, receive message Make sure that the Home key is clean and dry, then try again How can I stop this message?

LucasSheep

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Fingerprint lock, receive message "Make sure that the Home key is clean and dry, then try again"

Hi,

I am trying to turn on fingerprint lock. When I click on "+ Add Fingerprint" I immediately get an error message saying "Make sure that the Home key is clean and dry, then try again". It does this before even attempting to scan my fingerprint. When I click OK on the message it closes out of the add fingerprint screen straight away. When I go back in there I get the same message immediately.
Yes - its very very clean, and very very dry.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
Lucas

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Fingerprint lock, receive message "Make sure that the Home key is clean and dry, then try again"

Welcome to Android Central. :)

Two: try a Cache Partition wipe, and if still no go, try Safe Mode.

Posted via the Android Central App

LucasSheep

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: Fingerprint lock, receive message "Make sure that the Home key is clean and dry, then try again"

Thanks for your reply belodian! I have tried your suggestion of wiping the cache partition - but still got the same behaviour, so I tried booting into safe mode, and again, I'm seeing the same behaviour. Good to know both those procedures now - but unfortunately it hasn't helped.

The way it bugs out instantly is making me think the scanner is not actually connected properly internally - are such manufacturing faults at all common?

Any other suggestions?

Simo 1

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site

Hello Lucas,

I have the exact same problem right now... Did you find a solution so far ?

Baretrap

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
When i enter the "+ add fingerprint" it only scans the middle of every finger and not the whole finger. In thinknming its a hardware problem maybe the scanner is damaged

daidokoro83

Nov 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm pretty sure they are doing it on purpose so we'll exchange the phones. They keep trying to make the phone as annoying to use as possible!

Heidi Sparklepants

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
Hello
I completely reset my s7 just to give it a clean install after using it for a while and now I'm getting that error too.
It worked perfectly until then. I've tried everything I've read about it and nothing seems to fix it.

KaranvirSingh

May 29, 2020
Visit site
Hi,
The same thing happened to me after I reset my phone. It is giving this error every time I go to add a fingerprint even before scanning my finger. This is bugging me a lot.
If any of you guys have a solution, please tell me.
Thanks
World Peace. #stayhealthy #staysafe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowbear