First Android phone and I need help!

Jag54

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
The galaxy note7 is my first Android phone I've been a long time Apple user and I needed a change. So far I love the phone but I'm having big time battery isues, over the weekend I didn't think much of it because I was on the phone non stop. But so far this week I've been working and my phone stays in the truck except for at break and lunch where I use it to check email and Twitter so not much but anyways when I get to work in the morning at 7 the phone is already down to 90% and by 4 it's down to about 35 to 40%. I leave it in the center console so it stays cool and I've shut everything I can off without completely crippling the phone. Hopefully you guys have some ideas and if not I may be returning it and try a new one something just doesn't seem right
Thanks
John

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's weird. Do you have good signal where you are? If you see the battery consumption report, is there anything that 'stands out' as a big consumer? I'd suggest to factory-reset your phone, especially since it's fairly new and you probably haven't downloaded a lot of things into it.

Mine was off the charger at 6AM and with med/high use (e-mails, facebook, twitter, instagram, more e-mails, a few videos, web browsing, a slew of more e-mails, a couple pictures taken and e-mailed) I'm still at 65% by 3PM, and I don't disable anything (GPS is active, Bluetooth is always on, WiFi is the only thing turned off at the office).

James Rogers2

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
The galaxy note7 is my first Android phone I've been a long time Apple user and I needed a change. So far I love the phone but I'm having big time battery isues, over the weekend I didn't think much of it because I was on the phone non stop. But so far this week I've been working and my phone stays in the truck except for at break and lunch where I use it to check email and Twitter so not much but anyways when I get to work in the morning at 7 the phone is already down to 90% and by 4 it's down to about 35 to 40%. I leave it in the center console so it stays cool and I've shut everything I can off without completely crippling the phone. Hopefully you guys have some ideas and if not I may be returning it and try a new one something just doesn't seem right
Thanks
John
Make sure you lye your phone down flat when you leave it in your truck. The doze feature only works if the phone is lying down flat. And like they said a low signal will drain your battery.

Jag54

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the advice so far I just tried a factory reset to see if that helps. After I did this there were a couple games and two other random apps that I've never downloaded on the phone does this mean I have a virus or is it a normal android thing?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte19