FM radio transmitter???

Coleman Robertson

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I HATE HATE HATE let me make this a little more clear "({[HATE!]})" Having to use data for listening to music where I live there is no Wi-Fi anywhere nothing is supported at my house so I just have like 1 bar of 3g and I have a note 3 and was wondering if there is a FM radio transmitter built in I am assuming for a phone this price they would probably through in a 50¢ FM transmitter and was just wondering if the hardware is even there?

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
According to all of the specs I read on the web, the Note 3 does not have an FM radio. It may seem like a cheap component, but the added cost of incorporating that component and designing the hardware and software to accommodate it was probably deemed to be not cost effective, given the relatively low demand overall for it.

How do you get your internet at home? Are you able to set up a home wi-fi network? You can get decent routers for $20, so at least you should be able to have wi-fi at home. Otherwise, if T-Mobile has good coverage where you live, consider switching to them. They recently added Google Play Music to their already impressive line of music streaming services that don't count towards your data plan: Free Music Streaming & Downloads with Simple Choice Plans | T-Mobile

Coleman Robertson

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I live out in the country far far away from any city so T-Mobile is like trying to find dolfin in the desert T-Mobile sucks out here and sprint and all the others too att barely covers where I live and there is no internet providers out here either so I am stuck with att mobile data I wish they would bring back true unlimited but I know that is gone with the wind for them anyway thanks for the response

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I live out in the country far far away from any city so T-Mobile is like trying to find dolfin in the desert T-Mobile sucks out here and sprint and all the others too att barely covers where I live and there is no internet providers out here either so I am stuck with att mobile data I wish they would bring back true unlimited but I know that is gone with the wind for them anyway thanks for the response

You have no home Internet, not even Satellite? With some versions of Windows, you can set up a hot-spot on your computer that has wireless connection and your don't need router.

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I HATE HATE HATE let me make this a little more clear "({[HATE!]})" Having to use data for listening to music where I live there is no Wi-Fi anywhere nothing is supported at my house so I just have like 1 bar of 3g and I have a note 3 and was wondering if there is a FM radio transmitter built in I am assuming for a phone this price they would probably through in a 50¢ FM transmitter and was just wondering if the hardware is even there?

Don't know if it's an option, but the Sprint version of the note 3 does have FM radio....to my knowledge it is the only US version of the Note 3 to have it........I believe that all Snapdragon S800 SOCs have FM tuner capabilities but may need some additional hardware to support it. The Sprint version uses the NEXT radio app, it is available in the play store for Sprint only and I have read other threads where it has been side loaded on Verizon and AT&T Note 3s without success but may be worth a shot...