Fold 3, pictures open or closed?

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I asked this a couple of months ago and the thread kind of got off topic.

Question: when taking pictures do you take them with the fold open or closed? It's easier for me to snap a quick picture with the phone closed but it takes a "skinny" picture when I do that? Just curious as to what y'all do?

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
Usually with the phone opened unless I need to snap a quick picture of something quick and on the move. I can't stand going back looking at the small unfolded pictures while looking at the big screen.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Usually with the phone opened unless I need to snap a quick picture of something quick and on the move. I can't stand going back looking at the small unfolded pictures while looking at the big screen.
Yep that's my problem. It's using the same camera, wonder why it doesn't do a normal size picture when shooting it closed?

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
Thanks. Do your pictures come out normal size or are they tall and skinny like the outer screen?

It looks like if you have the camera setup for 3:4 on the outer screen while taking pictures it takes up the full screen of the phone on the inner screen.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
It looks like if you have the camera setup for 3:4 on the outer screen while taking pictures it takes up the full screen of the phone on the inner screen.
BigMosley, THANK YOU! That worked. Now I don't have to flip it open to snap a quick picture. Makes a huge difference for me now for taking pictures!

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I asked this a couple of months ago and the thread kind of got off topic.

Question: when taking pictures do you take them with the fold open or closed? It's easier for me to snap a quick picture with the phone closed but it takes a "skinny" picture when I do that? Just curious as to what y'all do?

I don't understand what you're talking about with a "skinny picture."

Pics I take using the rear camera with the phone closed look normal even when I view them from the gallery with the phone opened.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Talderon, now that I know I can get regular size pictures with the phone closed I will probably do that most of the time.

Honestly, it's much easier with the phone close. I have never had any issues with resolutions and sizes. I especially like how much easier it is to take Panoramic pics with it closed.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, it's much easier with the phone close. I have never had any issues with resolutions and sizes. I especially like how much easier it is to take Panoramic pics with it closed.
Totally agree, I just wasn't smart enough to know it would shoot like when opened! Totally changed how much more I like this phone now. It is a lot easier with it closed. Thanks

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
You need to adjust your settings. I take pics all day long with the phone CLOSED and they are identical to the ones I take with the phone open. I ONLY open the phone to take pics when I want to really focus in on something. You shouldnt be seeing a difference at all.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
You need to adjust your settings. I take pics all day long with the phone CLOSED and they are identical to the ones I take with the phone open. I ONLY open the phone to take pics when I want to really focus in on something. You shouldnt be seeing a difference at all.
Thanks

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Man, I still find it so cool that Fold users have *options* when it comes to taking photos! Like, physical options. Not just camera modes. Amazing!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerHapZ