"Folder is Open" Notification

TK Shin

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
It looks as though THE ONLY thing that worked for me was to turn off NoLED as well. The problem is that it was helpful to know who was actually texting me. Bummer. At least the annoying "the folder is opened" will finally stop!

taeisme

Trusted Member
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Also if you use Knock2+ is causes the "folder open" "folder closed" to happen. Love the app but I turned it off.

Tina Wrend

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I figured this out. Go to Settings > Accessibility > Power Controls > turn Power Controls OFF.

Idk why this works, or what the h*ll Power Controls have to do with speech while opening folders, but it does. This was driving me nuts, and the Web hasn't been too helpful. So I figured it out thru trial and error. Apparently there are a lot of folks out there having this issue.

Where is power controls ?
I don't have them in my Samsung galaxy s3 where you said?
I have the GT-I9305 Samsung galaxy s3 lte
There is nothing listed where you say in mine
I've had to turn the media off completely to shut mine up
It started after I installed an app called AirPush Detector and if I disable it it stops the annoying folder open/folder closed
Maybe I should remove the app?

pvsrnaidu

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Thank you very much "justafew" , your idea did help me to get rid of annoying sound of " folder open / close" . I am using Nova , its even brillient that can copy the same folders i have created before in Android default wiz , made a hassle free transformation . thanks lot

Maestro22

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Try clearing the data for Google Text-to-Speech engine. Settings ->Application manager -> All ->Google-Text-to-speech engine ->Clear data.

anon(8521261)

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
@ Zaatour36: worked super & thx!!!

But I got a question. Just today I realized that on my s3 mini Google voice output is very low, can't hear the answers any more. On my tablet which is not a Samsung and therefore didn't need the changes related to the 'the folder is open' problem Google Now talks back loud and clear.

Could it be that disabling Google and Samsung tts changes the volume settings for Google Now on my s3 mini?

Existing thread to this problem :

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...-gs3-notification-sounds-not-loud-enough.html In phone settings everything from notifications to ringtone is set on max loud.

Would anyone here who performed the settings for notification test the microphone on Google Now to see if it speaks back loud enough. E. G. ask: how is the weather today?

Last edited:

Daniel Moo

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
I don't even have that option under settings, its driving me nuts and quiet annoying at night.
I had that problem on my s2, just figured it out: go to settings>
accessiblity>turn off all services>Text-to-speech output
>change the TTS to your system one, mine was in"google Text-to-speech" and i changed it to "samsung TTS"
this shall solve it!!

YanQing Luo

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Thank you very much, I note II thus set "Settings -> Application manager -> All - Disable Google TTS (text to speech)", open the folder, close the folder, there is no sound.:D:D:D:D

ja2zzy

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Samsung Note 10.1
Application Manager - Google Text to Speech &/or Samsung TTS - Force Stop/Disable.
Stopped Folder Closed/Open Notification for me
NB Do NOT uninstall updates or app will disappear and sound will come back again.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards