"Folder is Open" Notification

Zaatour36

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys!
A guy posted in XDA DEV a solution, here you go!
"I found the solution:

For those who wants to try it do the following with your Samsung S3: - Go to Settings -> Accessibility -> Talkback "ON" - Select "Settings" from the bottom of the page - Uncheck all Talkback options - Switch Talkback "Off" again - Go back to Settings -> Application manager -> All - Disable Google TTS (text to speech) - Disable Samsung TTS (text to speech)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium"

Source link: by stshhh
[Q] How to stop sounds in Light Flow - xda-developers

From XDA
Hope it helps

Zaatour36

minnieusa

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
systems, accessibility, go launcher ex notification - turn off. that did it for me

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

Martin Sager

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, hat one worked for me, even on my Galaxy Note 2 ;-)
Took me about 2 days to get rid of this annoying "folder opened - folder closed" message.

Benjamin Mark

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have my Glaxy Note 2. I grouped the apps in the folder and I didnt get any sound. But today after I installed a NoLED app, it asked me to disable S Pen AirView and enabled NoLED in Accessbility. Since then, I started getting this voice 'folder open' & 'folder closed'. Quite annoying when I am plugged in with earphones.

Is there any way to disable it without uninstalling the NoLED app?

Benjamin Mark

NovusPX3

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
What worked for me on the Galaxy S3 was: Go to Settings -> Accessibility -> Turn Talkback ON - Select "Settings" from the bottom of the page - Uncheck all Talkback options - Turn Talkback back Off - Go back to Settings -> Application manager -> All - and Disable Samsung TTS (text to speech)

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
i'll add my finding here just in case anyone has the same issue. I installed "missed it" a notification app that needs accessibility access, with it on i get the "folder is open" speech but once i turn it off the speech is gone. So basically i think anyone with this issue might have installed an app that requires accessibility access. I never noticed this because i use nova launcher and only recently went back to touchwiz for kicks.

Jeff Go

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I too have a Galaxy S3, Verizon, ICS, and the "The folder is open (or closed)" speech notification just started on mine out of the blue a few weeks ago. I have Llama installed because it is awesome at controlling phone settings based on location. A recent update added an option in the Accessibility settings for Llama. No explanation or anything but the toggle appeared in my Accessibility settings and it was turned on by default. I turned that off and the notifications stopped. Hope this helps!
j

Anh Truong

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Gosh!! That's freaking annoying me!! I never happened before but I don't know what I did to make that one keep sounding like idiot though! I need help too :(

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Still an issue with Jelly Bean.

I've been using my new AT&T Galaxy S3 for about a month now (replaced my BlackBerry Torch, what a step up!) and this is the first significant system bug I've found.

I too started having this problem just yesterday when I installed Light Flow. I don't think there's anything wrong with the application itself. In fact it's a great app. It's just that that Light Flow needs to add a service to monitor event messages kicked out by the various applications it monitors and obviously this setting needs to be turned on.

I attribute the problem to Ice Cream Sandwich, ICS version 4.0.4 is what I'm running, because the error condition occurs irrespective of the product that installs a service. (Most products don't have to do that and so the bug has been somewhat camouflaged until now.) That said, I don't think however that we should have to wait for Jelly Bean. Who know when / if it will be available for the devices currently running ICS? This bug, as others have already pointed out is very, VERY annoying. I think we need a point release and I'm planning to email the folks at Light Flow next (who may well already know though based on how many times this error is popping up in Google search) so that they can push for that.

There is a little bit of good news here though. When one turns off Light Flow in Accessibility options (or whatever other app a Android customer running ICS has downloaded that has a service installed) the message will promptly go away.

:-\

Status Update:
I contacted the folks at Light Flow as I mentioned above I would do and they were quite prompt in replying. Yes, they know of the problem which they think is a bug in ICS and/or the Samsung implementation. IMO FWIW, the bug's most likely in the O/S itself, as delivered from Google. I say this because the very same bug has been seen on other phones, several Sony phone models upgraded to ICS for example.

Below is some helpful info that Andy at Rage Consulting (the author of Light Flow) provided in his email:

See the top question on this page here: Galaxy S3

Try the following that I've just been posted someone has tried:
For those who wants to try it do the following with your Samsung S3: - Go to Settings -> Accessibility -> Talkback "ON" - Select "Settings" from the bottom of the page - Uncheck all Talkback options - Switch Talkback "Off" again - Go back to Settings -> Application manager -> All - Disable Google TTS (text to speech) - Disable Samsung TTS (text to speech)

/end message and status update/

korling6

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue and had to disable Light Flow. Good app, but I couldn't stand the voice notifications every time I opened/closed a folder.

WiZlon

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
One follow on question. Having disabled the TTS aps, I find they have disappeared from my Apps list. Can anyone tell me how to get them back, in case I need to ractivate them (for whatever reason)?

Thanks.

PS - I used this as a fix for the Sony Smartwatch device, which gives "folder is open"... problems too - at least on my Note II.

vaishali55

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
i have samsung galaxy s2 with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean [XXLSJ]..
today i installed the No_led app from the market during the installation it asks you to enable NoLed in accessibility settings
. ie: (SETTINGS<ACCESSIBILITY<SERVICES<NoLed - on/off) set it to OFF..
that's the way to get rid of the speech notification sayin "Folder is Open", and when you close the folder it saying "Folder is Closed"..

jasG01

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Problem solved? :) if nothing above works, then let me suggest you go to your ad on?s for PANDORA. After pulling my hair out of my head, and never suspecting the ?PANDORA AD BLOCKER? to be causing the issue, I ignored it? LOL.! Once I turned it off, NO MORE ?The Folder is OPEN / The Folder is CLOSED? Thank god! Its a bug in the software that blocks ads to your pandora app. You can find this in: Settings>Accessibility>Services>Pandora Ad Blocker (uncheck IT!) problem solved. Cheers!

Nunya Smith

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, my problem suddenly appeared and I knew it had to do with something I had just recently installed. It turned out to be Light Flow. Thanks for the info.

zman818

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Mmm.. whatever you do, don't read all the responses before you post -- you might learn what the cause is, in which case your comment about Pandora Ad Blocker being the root cause would be rendered pointless.

:confused:

missaptitude

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't even have that option under settings, its driving me nuts and quiet annoying at night.

What worked for me was Go back to Settings -> Application manager -> All - Disable Google TTS (text to speech) - Disable Samsung TTS (text to speech). I left the Light Flow and Go Launcher settings set to ?ON? in the Accessibility menu and I also don?t have the Power setting under the Accessibility menu with the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3.

cujoq37

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Sadly, none of these fixes work long-term for my GS3. Disabling Google TTS worked for awhile. I don't have Light Flow installed, Go Launcher, nor Pandora Ad Blocker, etc. However, once I rebooted, the problem resurfaced. Yes, it's an annoying bug that'll have to await the next release, but in the meantime, I'll embraced it by changing the voice to 'Helium gas effect' and increase the speech rate to 'very fast.' That way, e v e r y o n e can enjoy it as well.

gMale

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Try the following that I've just been posted someone has tried:For those who wants to try it do the following with your Samsung S3: - Go to Settings -> Accessibility -> Talkback "ON" - Select "Settings" from the bottom of the page - Uncheck all Talkback options - Switch Talkback "Off" again - Go back to Settings -> Application manager -> All - Disable Google TTS (text to speech) - Disable Samsung TTS (text to speech)

This worked perfectly on my gs3 but beware the moment you turn talk back on, your phone will go berserk until you finish unchecking everything. It's pretty painful but worth it because these steps work and allow you to keep lightflow on.

I just rebooted my phone to verify that the fix lasted and it did!

Last edited: