Force Roaming and avoid ETF?

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I am also currently in the process of doing this.

I don't know how anyone could do 50GB of data while roaming.. Sprint 3G is unusable where I am and I never roam on anything but 1X so it is even slower.

The ToS state that anything over 300MB a month of roaming data is against Sprint policy. I just make sure to be around 500MB of data roaming a month. So far I am on month 2, if this works and I am able to get out of contract I will report back.

That said, the area I live in also seems to be getting spotty LTE so if they do a more thorough launch before I get the letter I'll stop.. I just can't take these speeds anymore, I should of canceled my contract before getting the Evo LTE but I thought they'd launch LTE in my city as fast as they did WiMax... sadly that hasn't been the case.

I have buddies with Verizon and AT&T pulling upwards of 18mbps INSIDE of buildings and I can BARELY pull .3mbps on a good day with 3-4 bars. Sprint deserves to fail, and fail big these type of speeds are unacceptable in 2012.

I just finished my third month of roaming, but haven't heard anything from sprint yet. First and second month I used about 1gb roaming data and third month I used about 3gb roaming data. But no luck yet.

Sent from my HTC via Android Central Forums!

David07_H

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I got my letter for etf due to excessive roaming data. I was glad I got that letter. And yes you do get to keep your number and no extra charge. I am in the Dallas Fort Worth area so I switched to tmobile and i tell you its a big jump from being with sprint.

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I got my letter for etf due to excessive roaming data. I was glad I got that letter. And yes you do get to keep your number and no extra charge. I am in the Dallas Fort Worth area so I switched to tmobile and i tell you its a big jump from being with sprint.

How long did you roam and how much data did you use each month?

Sent from my HTC via Android Central Forums!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felisovci