Freaking terrible standbytime! Please help!

Mooserman15

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung GT-P5113. It is running Android 4.2.2 and is rooted. For the past week my standby time has been terrible. Here is how much time I can get per charge (100%-completely dead):
Viewing local content: 16 hours
Web browsing/streaming: 12 hours
Light gaming: 10-12 hours
Standby, screen off: 6 hours
Heavy gaming: 4-8 hours
Standby, screen on: 3 hours

Before, my standby time was 1.5 weeks with the screen off, or 24 hours with the screen on.

I have determined that the culprit is an app called Android OS. When all was good, this app consumed about 0.1-6% of my battery, but now my device claims it has used 65%. Everything else seems to be using a very low amount of power. Please help me! Thanks!

Mooserman15

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Now, Google Services is using 42% of my battery power, and Android OS is using 40%. Every few hours, more core system modules appear on the list. Also, CPU management seems to be glitching out. My CPU almost never goes to sleep, and usually runs at the wrong speed. WTF is going on?

Mooserman15

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
I am running the stock ROM. I have deleted many system apps, but the last time I did something like that was 6 months ago. My battery died from this issue, and I recharged it. It works again, with about 10 days of screen-off standby time (estimation). But how can I prevent this from happening again?

Fulani Filot

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung GT-P5113. It is running Android 4.2.2 and is rooted. For the past week my standby time has been terrible. Here is how much time I can get per charge (100%-completely dead):
Viewing local content: 16 hours
Web browsing/streaming: 12 hours
Light gaming: 10-12 hours
Standby, screen off: 6 hours
Heavy gaming: 4-8 hours
Standby, screen on: 3 hours

Before, my standby time was 1.5 weeks with the screen off, or 24 hours with the screen on.

I have determined that the culprit is an app called Android OS. When all was good, this app consumed about 0.1-6% of my battery, but now my device claims it has used 65%. Everything else seems to be using a very low amount of power. Please help me! Thanks!
When you say "Android OS" are you referring to the operating system of the device or is there an app bearing that name?