Free WiFi tether on Verizon with Unlimited Data

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Re: WiFi tether on Verizon with Unlimited Data

If you use PDA Net and connect via USB it works just fine.

I think we're all looking for an app that'll do it without root.

So far, PDANet > Bluetooth Server is the only thing I can use successfully on my tablet. Downstream speeds are always < 1 Mbps; upstream speeds are usually < 2 Mbps. Slow, but better than giving up my unlimited data or paying another $30/month.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site

So far, PDANet > Bluetooth Server is the only thing I can use successfully on my tablet. Downstream speeds are always < 1 Mbps; upstream speeds are usually < 2 Mbps. Slow, but better than giving up my unlimited data or paying another $30/month.

How do you get that to work? I'm tryig to do bluetooth tether with my Moto X and Nexus 7 and can't figure it out for some reason.

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Makes no sense. I find it very hard to believe that there's a "glitch" for the very few "lucky" Verizon customers.

My galaxy nexus let me tether on unlimited data for the year plus that I had it. My brother who had the same phone and plan could not. Very random.

On the moto x what if you change the entitlement check before the 4.4 OTA and then unroot? Does it retain the change to 0 post 4.4?

Sent from my DROID MAXX

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
My galaxy nexus let me tether on unlimited data for the year plus that I had it. My brother who had the same phone and plan could not. Very random.

On the moto x what if you change the entitlement check before the 4.4 OTA and then unroot? Does it retain the change to 0 post 4.4?

Sent from my DROID MAXX

I'm not rooted do not sure

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site

How do you get that to work? I'm tryig to do bluetooth tether with my Moto X and Nexus 7 and can't figure it out for some reason.

Well, the connection does not allow Google services to sync; so, in all honesty, it's useless if you need Drive, Keep or anything else to sync. (I think Gmail sent successfully, though.) I need Google services; so, I'm still hunting for a better solution.

I purchased PdaNet for my phone long ago.
I installed PdaNet Tablet onto my tablet.
Pair the 2 devices via Bluetooth.
On the phone, open PdaNet & activate Bluetooth Server
On the tablet, open PdaNet Tablet -- click the Connection button. If the Connection button is greyed-out, click the Configure button & proceed.
The Bluetooth connection ought to work.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site

Well, the connection does not allow Google services to sync; so, in all honesty, it's useless if you need Drive, Keep or anything else to sync. (I think Gmail sent successfully, though.) I need Google services; so, I'm still hunting for a better solution.

I purchased PdaNet for my phone long ago.
I installed PdaNet Tablet onto my tablet.
Pair the 2 devices via Bluetooth.
On the phone, open PdaNet & activate Bluetooth Server
On the tablet, open PdaNet Tablet -- click the Connection button. If the Connection button is greyed-out, click the Configure button & proceed.
The Bluetooth connection ought to work.

Still can't get my Nexus 7 and Moto X to connect over Bluetooth. Never have been able to and I don't know why. That's step one lol

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site

Still can't get my Nexus 7 and Moto X to connect over Bluetooth. Never have been able to and I don't know why. That's step one lol

You made both devices discoverable?

Sent from my moto x using Tapatalk

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site

You made both devices discoverable?

Sent from my moto x using Tapatalk

Yeah, and they actually pair but then they don't stay connected to each other. It's weird because my Moto X has no problem connecting to other Bluetooth devices.

labs point

May 19, 2010
Visit site

In looking at this thread I realized I hadn't downloaded pdanet to my new X. In looking for the app the only option was FoxFi. There was a note saying to use this (FoxFi) if you don't find pdanet in the Playstore. So I installed, unlocked to full version with my serial number from my purchase and it seems like I am good to go when I need to hardwire tether from my phone to hook up my laptop. I spend a lot of time off the coast and it comes in handy.

My question is, has FoxFi purchased pdanet from June Fabrics as pdanet for Android is not in the Playstore.

trlovejoy

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Moto X Stock, Nexus 7 2012 rooted, looks like PdaNet over bluetooth is the way to go. It choked on a download but email, surfing, all good.

mattisyahu

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
This exploit can cause an error when updating to 4.4.2. To resolve error you can use a root browser and remove the modded entitlement apk and then delete the .bak extension from the original app and odex file.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Moto X Stock, Nexus 7 2012 rooted, looks like PdaNet over bluetooth is the way to go. It choked on a download but email, surfing, all good.

This is gonna sound stupid, but how did you get your Moto X and Nexus 7 to connect via bluetooth? I have been trying for months and while they will pair, they won't connect. The bluetooth icon will be highlighted white for maybe 1 second and then fade back to grey. My X connects fine with other bluetooth devices and vice versa for the Nexus.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Vshang

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
i had a galaxy nexus on an unlimited data plan and was able to tether for free using Hotspot Toggle Widget, which I think is just a shortcut that turns on the native tethering feature. however, that phone was turned in for a problem with the camera and the replacement phone under warranty doesn't seem to be working anymore. i don't know what version of android the previous phone was, but the new one says 4.2.2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201