Freshly Rooted Evo - App Installation Problems

andrusk

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I'm really really hoping you can help me out. I just rooted my EVO using the method that was released yesterday (the flash exploit), and everything appears to be working fine. I even got wireless tether working again (woot woot!).

However I'm having some trouble with restoring some of my apps., some of the apps that I backed up before I rooted can't be installed again, I used ASTRO to back them up, and I tried installing them from ASTRO, but when I do all I get is an "Applicatoin not installed" error. So I figured, alright, whatever, I'll redownload them from the Market. The weird part is that when I try to access the apps market page, I get a message saying that "The requested item cannot be found."

Have you guys run into this issue before? Or heard of this happening? It wouldn't bug me so much, but there are some games that I paid for, "shoot u!" and "space physics" for example, that I want to install, but can't :( Please help!! :)

Rudiepoo1

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
This has been one of my concerns to rooting as well as my limited knowledge. Can you still install all programs as usual? After I do root I want to again install beautiful widgets as well as many other things.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
For the posters with the Market problems, check this thread:
[ROM] 02/25/11 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.70.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One - xda-developers

This has been one of my concerns to rooting as well as my limited knowledge. Can you still install all programs as usual? After I do root I want to again install beautiful widgets as well as many other things.
Yes, when you are rooted, you can install all programs as usual (though, if you are running a ASOP ROM, like Cyanogenmod, you can't use HTC programs and widgets). All of the Android Market apps are available and there are some that you can use that you wouldn't be able to if you weren't rooted.

Any applications you purchased through the market (like Beautiful Widgets) you can download and install again because they purchase is tied to your Google account.

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Those root app is a horrible way to go. They don't give you all or the right exploits. Also when something do go wrong we can't diagnose the problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000