From 5.5"+ screens.to pixel 2.... will I get used to the size drop

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I think you'll get used to it, but it largely depends on the extent to which you use your phone to consume video content in my experience. I've switched to smaller phones, and that's really the only thing I've missed when I did.

eculp

Jan 17, 2017
Visit site
I have the Nexus 6P right now and my next phone will definitely be a smaller one. Really though, the iPhone X hit the sweet spot in phone size and display. If the next Pixel were a tad smaller but used every bit of the phone for the screen I would jump on that day 1.

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
The question for me is not the screen size, but the overall physical dimensions. I prefer the biggest possible screen that can fit in the LG G6 chassis, that's 148.9x71.9x7.9 mm. I cannot accept anything bigger than that. If they can fit a 6" screen in these dimensions without nonsense like Edge screens, weirdly positioned cameras or sensors, that's fine by me and I prefer it.

Stefan Sobol

Jan 12, 2018
Visit site
My phone is primarily a phone, anything else it does is extra (but some features are useful, mostly maps). I want one that is comfortable to hold when talking on it and fits in my pocket. Any screen size >5" is usually too big for my taste. However, finding phones (at least on Verizon) with smaller screen sizes is getting difficult. The iPhone 5s is the perfect size (except I use Android).

Alex Smith 44

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Personally, I prefer small phones because I have small hands and like to be able to use my phone in one hand. Ditto for my wife. In fact big screen phones actually cause carpal tunnel type symptoms for me.
The iPhone 6s and Galaxy S7 are my preferred phone sizes. The first generation Pixel and the Huawei P10 are fine too. I own a Huawei P10 because it has the largest battery capacity to date for 4.7" to 5.1" screen phones.

Madam ImAdam

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
I used a Nokia Lumia 1520 (6" display) for 2 years, then switched to Lumia 640 (5" display). I quickly came to love the smaller phone due to its size. it was much more practical and easier to use on a daily basis.

i just got the note 8 (6.3") and love the phone but it is difficult to place in a pocket when not using it.

Maljunulo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I always liked my Moto G3, and the Pixel 2 is pretty much the same size,but it is a few mm narrower.

So the Pixel 2 is just right for me, and it is quicker, more secure, runs Android O, and has a nicer screen.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I always liked my Moto G3, and the Pixel 2 is pretty much the same size,but it is a few mm narrower.

So the Pixel 2 is just right for me, and it is quicker, more secure, runs Android O, and has a nicer screen.

I too enjoy the size of the regular Pixel 2.