Froyo ETA Set

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I know im getting a little ticked off about whatever the delay on this is. Not even a hint of when its coming. Older devices got it and newer devices got it....but they can't figure out the bug on the X? Seriously? Instinct told me to get the incredible... .wish i did.

I would take the 2.1 Droid X over the 2.2 Droid Incredible any day.

jazz_nh

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

You realize that this article supports that we have no concrete reason why the delay ?

VZW sold a lot of X's over other Droid devices on the advice that the X would get the coveted 2.2. Yes, I know that everyone says that the X will get it... just be patient... better to wait for an OS that is bug free...and I agree with that theory.

However, I am still slightly jaded from the same situation a lot of us were going through with BB and their delays and eventual boot for OS6 on the Storm Platform.
With the apparent blackout and quietness from both VZW and Motorola as to why Froyo is being delayed only for the X, I would not be all that surprised to hear that VZW decides to not load 2.2 onto the X because of compatibility issues that cannot be resolved. That's exactly what happened to BB and OS6 on the Storm line.

I find it quite sad that VZW sold the X with the 2.2 promisies. And now that anyone who bought the X at launch, and tired of the waiting game, are all over the 30 day change out policy... we now have no option to go to another device.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm beginning to think that, if there is no further news from Motorola on the 2.2, there should be pressure brought by X owners to trade in the X on a 2.2 model WITH NO PENALTY.

...Not that I'd want to do it, but now the X is behind the curve, tech-wise.

jeff1974w

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
You realize that this article supports that we have no concrete reason why the delay ?

VZW sold a lot of X's over other Droid devices on the advice that the X would get the coveted 2.2. Yes, I know that everyone says that the X will get it... just be patient... better to wait for an OS that is bug free...and I agree with that theory.

However, I am still slightly jaded from the same situation a lot of us were going through with BB and their delays and eventual boot for OS6 on the Storm Platform.
With the apparent blackout and quietness from both VZW and Motorola as to why Froyo is being delayed only for the X, I would not be all that surprised to hear that VZW decides to not load 2.2 onto the X because of compatibility issues that cannot be resolved. That's exactly what happened to BB and OS6 on the Storm line.

I find it quite sad that VZW sold the X with the 2.2 promisies. And now that anyone who bought the X at launch, and tired of the waiting game, are all over the 30 day change out policy... we now have no option to go to another device.

If you read the article you'd have seen there is a issue with corporate/exchange email. That may not be a big deal for you,but it is for me!

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Wow, you guys all need to ****ing relax. They said 2.2 is coming for the X, and it will. The Storm2 was never said to be BB6 capable. That comparison is not valid. They said late summer and summer end on Tuesday. Let's wait and see what happens.

Is your X about to explode? Is 2.1 horrible? If it is, then you shouldn't have purchased the phone. Verizon and Motorola will release 2.2, don't worry. You guys are making things up in your head and then freaking out about it!

If the middle of October rolls around and we still don't have Froyo, then I'll be right there with you holding my pitchfork, Hell, if next week ends without a hint of Froyo I'll be pisses, but for right now, let's see what happens before setting up the gallows.

jazz_nh

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
If you read the article you'd have seen there is a issue with corporate/exchange email. That may not be a big deal for you,but it is for me!

I did read the article, it it also states that Verizon has not yet confirmed what the actual cause for the delay is..... so it's just speculation at this point that the Exchange issue is the cause.

I quote from the article:

"There are reports that the nation’s largest carrier is having issues with Microsoft Exchange Sync in the Droid X version of Android 2.2. However the actual reason is not know because Verizon has not officially stated the reason behind the delay of Froyo update to Droid X"

shamo316

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
after reading this for a while i decided to say some stuff. the update will come when it does, the majority of you guys are being di-cks, "oo im returning my x and getting a d2 f this wait. o cant wait to lawsuit verizon and moto after late summer" sure flash supported will be cool to have, also fix the stupid volume bug so we can hear our phone ringing, but patience a virtue . so ya thats what i got to say

Last edited:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The X will not get passed up. This happens with every Motorola device. Oh, and HTC. Hmmm, and also Samsung.

rofl yep its like dejavu to me , was same with waiting for on the dinc, an life goes on , ;)

pfft :p I'm just waiting to see how long it would take before someone captures the update.zip and post the link for all to share before they install they 2.2 update ,, but thats another story , lol :D and another thread I bet

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Have you seen any ads on TV for the Droid X lately? Is it my imagination that other smartphones are getting the publicity these days? Just wondering, because it seems it might be tough to promote the X without the 2.2 features, especially when others have it.

jasco13

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Have you seen any ads on TV for the Droid X lately? Is it my imagination that other smartphones are getting the publicity these days? Just wondering, because it seems it might be tough to promote the X without the 2.2 features, especially when others have it.

I bet only about 5-10% of consumers know or even care what software is on their phone. As long as it looks pretty and does what they want it to they will eat up what ever the marketing department feeds them. If there were major issues with 2.1 then there may be more people in the know, but 2.1 works like it should so most people just don't care.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte17