Frustrated

Jdwatson77

May 26, 2022
Visit site
I really like the phone but am having a very hard time getting past sizing issues with the screens. Things are cut off and don't fit withing the viewing area completely no matter what I do. Thinking of switching to the newest s phone....

FACTagent

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I wish the inner screen had a more conventional tablet aspect ratio so that apps like Acuweather would display properly without having to rotate to landscape mode

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Fold isn't for everyone. I'm good with mine.
Agreed! It took me 4 gens to actually getting one. Fate has it.....the Samsung store ran out of 512gb S23Ultra so the next choice was the ZF4. I wasn't sure as well.....but loving it now. I'm a 2 devices user......ZFOLD4 and ZFLIP4.
ZFold4 for gaming streaming media and ZFlip 4 for everything else.
Love the 2 flip/fold devices.

Sent from my SM-F721W using AC Forums mobile app

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
When getting a fold phone the biggest thing everyone needs to understand is the outside screen is intended for quick replies and glances, making calls for those that actually use a phone for calls, for doing stuff on the go. It's not intended for surfing the web, Facebooking all day, YouTube watching, deep diving projects, ect, that's what the inside screen is for.

People need to understand you don't use the fold like a slab phone. It's a mini tablet that folds into a small phone is how I look at it.

FACTagent

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I wish the inner screen had a more conventional tablet aspect ratio so that apps like Acuweather would display properly without having to rotate to landscape mode
By the way, you can use the Labs "Portrait for Landscape Apps" feature (choose default app aspect ratio) to avoid Accuweather having to rotate to landscape, as long as you are willing to put up with letterboxing above and below the app (which still displays plenty large) and a slight cropping of the first letter of each location on the manage locations screen.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
But that's how much folding phones generally go for (like the Z Fold4), so not that surprising.

True, but pixel phones are generally cheaper and I think most people were hoping pixel would come in cheaper and hopefully force Samsung to come down in price. Not to mention this is pixel first run at folding phones, to run same price as Samsung who is 5 models into it this summer seems high to me also. Even with my feelings on Samsung fold now, I would still go with Samsung over pixel art that price point.

Reactions: B. Diddy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
True, but pixel phones are generally cheaper and I think most people were hoping pixel would come in cheaper and hopefully force Samsung to come down in price. Not to mention this is pixel first run at folding phones, to run same price as Samsung who is 5 models into it this summer seems high to me also. Even with my feelings on Samsung fold now, I would still go with Samsung over pixel art that price point.
Yeah, those are good points. Maybe they felt that this would be primarily targeted at the die-hard Pixel enthusiasts, where price wouldn't really be an issue, rather than aiming at the masses.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
As with anything of the first generation, wait until at least the 3rd. First-generation devices are purchased by those willing to pay to beta test a device.
It may be Google's first launch of the Fold but they not building from scratch and having to go through what Samsung has , they using already available tech from Samsung for the screen.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Hopefully with the Pixel Fold coming more Dev will focus their attention to inner screen ration to optimize
I think the size of the pixel fold, Oppo, and some of the others is the way folding phones are going. I think Sammy may have to resize their fold because everybody seems to be raving about the shorter, wilder foldables, and there's been pretty consistent complaints about Sammy's tall, thin design. I'm not into the foldables (I'm a Flip man lol), but if I was, the pixel dimensions would be my choice ;)

Reactions: mustang7757

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armydudeJC