G5 crashing problems.

ballonem

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Is anybody else experiencing this? My G5 has been crashing almost constantly, two or three times per day. It happens when I send messages, browse the Internet, or just open an app. It's really frustrating since this never happened with the LG G3.

At this point I'm considering just returning it, even though the process seems like an absolute pain (T-Mobile, purchased online.)

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Have you installed any apps? If so, boot into safe mode, and see if the problems continue. If not, it's likely caused by an app you've installed.

Did you use something like Package Disabler Pro to "freeze" any apps or system processes? If so, re-enable everything, and see if that eliminates the problem.

If none of that addresses the issue, do a factory reset, and don't reinstall your apps. See if it happens in the factory state. If not, something you added messed it up. If it still crashes repeatedly after a factory reset, then the phone definitely needs to be replaced.

ballonem

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
All the apps I have installed are exactly the same ones from the G3, and I haven't installed or done anything weird to the phone in general.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Have you installed any apps? If so, boot into safe mode, and see if the problems continue. If not, it's likely caused by an app you've installed.

Did you use something like Package Disabler Pro to "freeze" any apps or system processes? If so, re-enable everything, and see if that eliminates the problem.

If none of that addresses the issue, do a factory reset, and don't reinstall your apps. See if it happens in the factory state. If not, something you added messed it up. If it still crashes repeatedly after a factory reset, then the phone definitely needs to be replaced.

I was just going to suggest him your last paragraph, lol :)

Factory reset it. Don't install any apps for a day or 2 and see if you get the same issues. If you do, return the device because its faulty. If not, then you have to see which one of your apps isn't playing nice with your new G5.

Jim Cheverie

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I was watching a snapchat video and all of a sudden my G5 rebooted...I've had it about 2 weeks now, no issues until that. In fairness, I don't thing I had restarted it for like 3 days. I usually try to re-boot at least once a day.

Gowri rao

Nov 3, 2017
Visit site
Is anybody else experiencing this? My G5 has been crashing almost constantly, two or three times per day. It happens when I send messages, browse the Internet, or just open an app. It's really frustrating since this never happened with the LG G3.

At this point I'm considering just returning it, even though the process seems like an absolute pain (T-Mobile, purchased online.)
Yeah the exact same thing's been happening to my Moto G5S+.It was also bought online and It just starts hanging. Especially when I use snapchat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord