Galaxy Fold gets delayed! (Update: Officially)

Xxtoxicskittlexx

Aug 22, 2018
Visit site
I hate to say this. Dieter Bohn from the verge is a die hard apple fan. He has shown it in his reviews. This guy has had a samsung bohn-r from the start. I don't understand why Samsung doesn't vet the reviewers. Creating drama out of nothing. Apple is notorious for reaching out to blogs through their lawyers. He will never say Apple does that. He's clearly out for Samsung blood. Lol

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I hate to say this. Dieter Bohn from the verge is a die hard apple fan. He has shown it in his reviews. This guy has had a samsung bohn-r from the start. I don't understand why Samsung doesn't vet the reviewers. Creating drama out of nothing. Apple is notorious for reaching out to blogs through their lawyers. He will never say Apple does that. He's clearly out for Samsung blood. Lol

I wasn't aware his reputation. To a certain extent, it could be helpful to find another reviewer who has made an honest effort to temporarily change from the Apple ecosystem to Android and appreciates the differences.

On the other hand, being more selective allows you to also put your best foot forward. It's becoming pretty clear from the firestorm that resulted that a few reviewers shouldn't expect to get a review unit prior to the revised launch that hopefully will be later this summer or fall.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
That's pretty ridiculous. Dieter has been around since around the beginning of the smartphone revolution with Apple bringing smartphones to the average household but to say he "created" drama out of nothing... just say it and accuse him of sabotaging his unit because he's an Apple fan Xxtoxicskittlexx. Lol... you hated to say it.

He shoved something under his screen?? What about Mr. Mobile? He's not an Apple fan boy. What about this person from Switzerland that posted his screen with a dimple possibly due to debris??

Lucky for him it went away but most likely it got dislodged and whatever debris it was like sand it's just floating in the hinge area now. World-wide conspiracy between social media personalities to create a #foldgate ??

https://twitter.com/Lorenz_Keller/status/1120064810278895616

Samsung does a pretty good job of choosing who they want to touch their phones and who they don't. There are Android fans that they don't give phones to. Come on, to jump on board this guys suggestion when there are two other reports of debris/dimple/defect of the screen happening. Let's concentrate on the real issue that's been shown to us and not about if one person is more Apple-centric than the other.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I wasn't aware his reputation. To a certain extent, it could be helpful to find another reviewer who has made an honest effort to temporarily change from the Apple ecosystem to Android and appreciates the differences.

On the other hand, being more selective allows you to also put your best foot forward. It's becoming pretty clear from the firestorm that resulted that a few reviewers shouldn't expect to get a review unit prior to the revised launch that hopefully will be later this summer or fall.

Whatever you think of the verge, they along with BGR, continue to just hammer Samsung:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/25/18516875/ifixit-takedown-samsung-galaxy-fold-teardown

Xxtoxicskittlexx

Aug 22, 2018
Visit site
Yes he is creating drama. No "real" journalist ever puts a statement out like this below. All he did in his post was speculate. What ever happened to journalism with facts.

Why cant a manufacturer ask to remove a breakdown when the official product deployment didn't happen yet.

Just one paragraph from his ridiculous post.

"What in the world is going on over at Samsung in the wake of the Galaxy Fold delay? The whole situation keeps refusing to normalize, and instead gets weirder nearly every day. The latest is that iFixit has decided to honor a Samsung request to pull its Galaxy Fold teardown off the internet, even though Samsung apparently didn’t ask iFixit to do so directly."

Probably b*it hurt because Samsung told him they aren't sending him a replacement.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I really try to listen to as many different points of view as possible. It's getting pretty easy to spot the media with an agenda that overrides their role to showcase the device and review its merits and drawbacks. Need to call these folks out as often as possible.

Seems to have cross the line from reporting to blogging. Not sure why there is so much anger over this. Samsung tried to push the envelope. It made a mistake. It admitted it’s mistake and is trying to fix it. Save the hate for if/when they release the phone and it’s still not fixed. I mean Apple totally botched air power. Is this any different? I guess The argument would be that Apple pulled it back sooner.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Seems to have cross the line from reporting to blogging. Not sure why there is so much anger over this. Samsung tried to push the envelope. It made a mistake. It admitted it’s mistake and is trying to fix it. Save the hate for if/when they release the phone and it’s still not fixed. I mean Apple totally botched air power. Is this any different? I guess The argument would be that Apple pulled it back sooner.

Opinion and judgmental blogging has indeed replaced real journalism. The use of the same talking points is meant to create perception that replaces reality. It is unreasonable to expect massive changes to a few hundred thousand units. Let's wait until generation two to go bonkers.

Xxtoxicskittlexx

Aug 22, 2018
Visit site
Have you all seen the comments on that Verge story ?

Its basically Dieter catering to his base. 100% of those users commenting are iPhone Zealots that will never buy a samsung product.

It's a shame!

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
So Samsung initially promised an update within 2 weeks for the announcement that it was delaying release. That would be Monday. I guess we will see. No one ever disputed att date of 6/13 so maybe that’s the current plan. I’m interested in hearing the details of the supposed fix.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz