galaxy nexus hand time

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I hate you SUB-Dawg.

Your post just cost me $100 on my asking price for my Bionic.

:):):)

PS... this is purely a joke. I am assuming the secondary market will be flooded by Bionic owners (like myself) who want to get the Prime.

Last edited:

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait for this phone! From the time u had is ICS a worthy upgrade, unlike gingerbread? GB hardly brought any new features.

sent from my Droid X, which also eats iPhones.

Last edited:

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
One other question I had (though it's very specific, so I'd understand if you don't have an answer); I heard that stock Gingerbread was supposed to have a "trace" keyboard (something like Swype), but the GB update for my Thunderbolt didn't have that. Do you know by any chance if ICS did?

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The update that you got from HTC will have their version of keyboard for Sense. The stock Gingerbread keyboard doesn't have any Trace functionality that I know of but that is an interesting concept. Would be cool to see if that is something that Google is incorporating into ICS. What was the name of that company that Google acquired with the cool keyboard? That may be something to think about in ICS.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I didn't see it asked here. Do you know anything about the battery life?

He said it was 1900mah. But it seems like that since he only had it for a certain period of time, he couldn't really get a good thought on battery life.

Sent from my amazing galaxy tab 10.1 which also eats ipads

sbenson

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I saw that it was 1900mah, which should help with battery life. I was just wondering if his friend had mentioned anything about the battery life he was experiencing.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I saw that it was 1900mah, which should help with battery life. I was just wondering if his friend had mentioned anything about the battery life he was experiencing.

Panda suggested it easily outdid the Bionic...probably more to do with ICS optimizing the dual core and not the 150 extra maH.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Panda suggested it easily outdid the Bionic...probably more to do with ICS optimizing the dual core and not the 150 extra maH.

Yea the biggest standout from Panda was that it lasted 2x as long as the bionic during LTE data tests. Since we all know that LTE burns through battery I can only see this as a REALLY good thing for the galaxy Nexus.

koolbon

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I noticed from the leaked video the camera app didn't appear to be expanding to the button area, but you said whichever app you tried does that, so I am very curious to know if those buttons covers the bottom portion of the app you are running or the whole app moves up as the buttons come up? Also, I am assuming there will be four buttons including "menu" button when they come up in apps or is it something different?

the one and only M

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I noticed from the leaked video the camera app didn't appear to be expanding to the button area, but you said whichever app you tried does that, so I am very curious to know if those buttons covers the bottom portion of the app you are running or the whole app moves up as the buttons come up? Also, I am assuming there will be four buttons including "menu" button when they come up in apps or is it something different?
The navigation buttons weren't visible at all when the camera app was opened in the leak video.

koolbon

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The navigation buttons weren't visible at all when the camera app was opened in the leak video.

Right, the button area was basically turned off and NOT being used by camera app in that video. That's why I asked him that question. It is very hard to tell, but it doesn't seem like button area is being used on lock screen either. So, I started thinking that the button area will be not used for anything other than buttons and what he thought was bezel is actually the button part of the screen. Besides all that I am very curious to know how it would handle "menu" options.

sbenson

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
He said you swipe the bottom bezel (chin) of the device to show/hide the 3 on-screen menu (back, home, menu) buttons. He also stated when the buttons are hidden, whatever app is running will fill the entire screen.

Edit: I agree, upon a second much closer inspection, it does appear that the buttons are "turned off" and the camera app DOES NOT fill the area where the buttons were. I guess we'll probably find out tomorrow night :)

Last edited:

koolbon

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
He said you swipe the bottom bezel (chin) of the device to show/hide the 3 on-screen menu (back, home, menu) buttons. He also stated when the buttons are hidden, whatever app is running will fill the entire screen.

Edit: I agree, upon a second much closer inspection, it does appear that the buttons are "turned off" and the camera app DOES NOT fill the area where the buttons were. I guess we'll probably find out tomorrow night :)

Yeah, that's why I wanted to confirm that part. It is not likely that camera app is an exception to that.
I missed the 3 on-screen menu part, but would that also mean that you need to go to home screen get the multitasking button instead of being able to get to it anywhere like right now?? I can't wait to clarify all these things.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe