Galaxy Note 10+ charging specifications confusion. Need help.

hy_tek

Dec 2, 2019
Visit site
I have a new Galaxy Note10+ and looked in the online manual for charging specifications and there was nothing. I have Google searched and cannot find much information on the aftermarket Note10+ chargers(wireless or otherwise) that are acceptable. It seems Samsung just wants you to buy their overpriced charging equipment (pads and power supplies) and then you know you're safe.

I am interested in getting a wireless charging pad. I would be happy with either a 10W or a 15w wireless charging pad or stand. Is the 25W stock charger that came in the Note10+ box compatible to use with these pads or is it too high of wattage?

Secondly can I simply plug my Note10+ into a standard usb 3.0 outlet on my PC or USB hub and charge it the old fashioned way directly or use one of my many old smaller standalone USB wall chargers and charge it slowly that way? I really don't care about super fast charging.

It's all very confusing and Samsung is short on information.

Any help would be appreciated.

May 22, 2017
Visit site
If you get the newest Samsung wireless charger that came out at the same time as note 10 plus it comes with 25w plug like note 10 plus and charges the phone wirelessly up to 15w

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I have a new Galaxy Note10+ and looked in the online manual for charging specifications and there was nothing. I have Google searched and cannot find much information on the aftermarket Note10+ chargers(wireless or otherwise) that are acceptable. It seems Samsung just wants you to buy their overpriced charging equipment (pads and power supplies) and then you know you're safe.

I am interested in getting a wireless charging pad. I would be happy with either a 10W or a 15w wireless charging pad or stand. Is the 25W stock charger that came in the Note10+ box compatible to use with these pads or is it too high of wattage?

Secondly can I simply plug my Note10+ into a standard usb 3.0 outlet on my PC or USB hub and charge it the old fashioned way directly or use one of my many old smaller standalone USB wall chargers and charge it slowly that way? I really don't care about super fast charging.

The Note 10/10+ uses the USB-C PD specification. This means that if a charger (any charger) that is using USB-C PD's programmable power supply (PPS) specification, will work. The key is making sure the charger is fully USB-C PD compliant. Not all third party chargers are fully USB-C PD compliant.

hy_tek

Dec 2, 2019
Visit site
The Note 10/10+ uses the USB-C PD specification. This means that if a charger (any charger) that is using USB-C PD's programmable power supply (PPS) specification, will work. The key is making sure the charger is fully USB-C PD compliant. Not all third party chargers are fully USB-C PD compliant.

All that applies if you want to "fast charge" the device wirelessly at 15W for the Note 10+. You then need the appropriate rated equipment. I get that. My question is if you simply want to slow charge the device with a wired USB charger, is it backward compatible with older smart USB phone chargers? Most of the older phone wall chargers don't put out 3A/5V. So if I'm in my car and I need to charge my phone I want to know if a standard USB charger will slow charge a Note 10+?

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
All that applies if you want to "fast charge" the device wirelessly at 15W for the Note 10+. You then need the appropriate rated equipment. I get that. My question is if you simply want to slow charge the device with a wired USB charger, is it backward compatible with older smart USB phone chargers? Most of the older phone wall chargers don't put out 3A/5V. So if I'm in my car and I need to charge my phone I want to know if a standard USB charger will slow charge a Note 10+?
Ah.

Short answer: Yes

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Depends... On your device.SD or Exynos?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz