Galaxy Note 2 - Massive battery drain after 4.3 update

isabelwu

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I have had the same problem. Since the 4.3 update the maximum time the battery lasts is 12 hours - this is without using the phone. I have checked the battery use and it says 60% of the battery power is going to the exchange server sync. The exchange server is set to sync disabled - and no matter how I set up the syncing, this doesn't change. When I sync manually, it isn't synching properly either. So I can't sync with my exchange server, but the exchange server synching is draining all the battery.

My advice is do not update if your system is working - don't change it.

kaide23

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I have done all the steps but my battery keep draining also... First time to root my phone but success just really dont know why...

Attached picture for your guys reference: please help, this is the phone my wife bought for me and it is not helping me to work since the update... thanks in advance...
dany9agu.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Malum Regina

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I am experiencing the same issue. Android System and Android OS are sucking the life out of my battery.... I even bought a new battery, and the problem got worse. In fact, every day it gets worse. Now, it takes my phone 10 hours to completely charge. All apps are closed, nothing I can find is running .... I've had my phone for 2 years, and I think this is Samsung's way of forcing me to upgrade... Dumb smart phones....

DWooderson

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Last week, my battery started draining from full to completely empty (phone turns off) in about 10 hours with only moderate usage. I can't even make it through a workday now, and I used to be able to go all day and all night?! I tried everything I could find online, to no avail.

Battery consumption (top 4 items combine for 70%):
  • Google Play Services 30%
  • Gmail 19%
  • Screen 12%
  • Android OS 8%

So last night, I did a factory wipe, re-rooted, and spent hours configuring it like I like it. I also disabled the 4.4 OTA update (again). I updated a few key apps, like Gmail and Google Maps, but I am not planning to update any other apps for now, until I see whether my battery life has improved or not.

Ramanathan Moorthy

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I agree. The turning off google location settings did the trick. Very thankful to the tip. Also, I downloaded mapquest to use GPS instead of giving access to google location settings when I had to use maps. It is not as good as google maps but not too bad either. I also have disabled things like Deezer, knox and quite a lot of stuff that got into my mobile after updating from 4.1.2 to 4.3 versions of android. I did do a factory reset through Samsung Kies 3.0 but had to do it only once (which was many months ago). Of late, I have managed to touch 3 days 1 hour with 26% remaining but I had turned off internet access in all ways for few hours on each of the days in between, when I was sleeping... My worry now is whether to go for the 4.4.2 update or not? Kindly reply please if possible. Many thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali