Galaxy Note 4 Will Not Power Off (turns itself back on) and won't charge

martinez0800

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

My wife's Galaxy Note 4 has been giving us problems. For some reason it will charge fine and then stop charging suddenly (using stock samsung charger and cable). A few minutes later it begins charging again. When it does not charge, I tried turning it off to leave it off for a while.

As soon as I selected power off, the phone shut down as usual and then turned right back on again (without me pushing the power button). After it powers up again it still will not charge (it doesn't even detect that it's connected to a charger). I took out the battery and left it out for a few minutes, then plugged it back in. As soon as I slotted the battery back into the phone, it booted up by itself. I then removed the battery and left it out all night long (around 9 hours) and reseated it the next morning. The phone began working as normal again (charging and shutting down normally). About 6 hours later, my wife was complaining that the phone was not charging again. Any ideas?

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Maybe time for a new battery? Sounds similar to issues others have reported that were resolved by purchasing a new battery.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have had the Note 2 and 3. Battery on the 3 went bad and battery has one yr warranty. Verizon tech face me a new battery.

Posted via the Android Central App

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
You guys sure its a battery issue? A bad battery shouldnt cause it to turn its self ON. Nor should it cause the unit to not charge.
That to me sounds more like a data port issue and or power button issue. Leaning towards data port issue though.
Check for any pins being crossed or something inside the data port shorting out pins and look for corrosion.
Clean that sucker out.