Galaxy Note 8 Oreo update seems to be rolling out at last

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Flash with Odin
That's not forcing the update, that's flashing a new stock rom... Two completely different things. It's best to wait until the official release and not have the burden of completely restoring your phone twice. We're not gaining that much out of the update to warrant all the trouble.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
That's not forcing the update, that's flashing a new stock rom... Two completely different things. It's best to wait until the official release and not have the burden of completely restoring your phone twice. We're not gaining that much out of the update to warrant all the trouble.

exactly... if you already waited this long then why trouble the trouble for the sake of a few days

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I agree that it may not be worth it to most, but for what it's worth, I didn't have to restore my phone. Flashing with Odin did not erase my phone, and I am having zero bugs with the Oreo firmware I have been running for over a week now.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site

I believe you gave some mis-information. I flashed that ROM about 2 weeks ago. I did NOT restore my phone, just installed it right over what I had. Has worked perfectly for two weeks.

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I believe you gave some mis-information. I flashed that ROM about 2 weeks ago. I did NOT restore my phone, just installed it right over what I had. Has worked perfectly for two weeks.
Not attempting to give misinformation but even large updates using the same rom it has been suggested on this very forum to at the very least wipe the cache partition and others recommend doing a factory reset to prevent bugs.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Not attempting to give misinformation but even large updates using the same rom it has been suggested on this very forum to at the very least wipe the cache partition and others recommend doing a factory reset to prevent bugs.

I did wipe cache partition, but no factory reset. I've heard it's a good idea, but stock firmware on top of stock firmware should not usually require it

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
well that's true I guess but there will be people who can't wait and will end up in trouble because they don't fully understand the whole flashing process and don't read the manual :)

That is on them then -- If someone willingly does something without knowing that is kind of.. well .. their fault.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
There are people in Canada getting the update for their Note 8s.

Awesome! I can tell you that since I installed it, my phone is noticably snappier(it was already lag free), and the notifications, long pressing on apps, and list view on the recent apps screen are my favorite features.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174