Galaxy Note 8 Oreo update seems to be rolling out at last

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Not attempting to give misinformation but even large updates using the same rom it has been suggested on this very forum to at the very least wipe the cache partition and others recommend doing a factory reset to prevent bugs.

I've been an Android user since 2009 and while I occasionally will do a factory reset I seldom do it when flashing an upgrade to the OS. Even back in the crazy days when I flashed nightlies for a period of 2 years I seldom did a factory reset. Only when I changed to a different person's build.

If I encounter any problems I will do a factory reset but not until then. It doesn't make sense to be so disruptive unless it's necessary.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Looks like these so far, still no reports from users on here that have it and want to give feedback?

Capture.JPG

Although this list (Sam firmware) doesn't include USA or Canada for some reason.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Because it hasn't been released in the US or Canada yet.

Sorry I meant the full list on Samfirmware, it shows what networks are on which version of Android (I just listed 8.0 above) but doesn't show US networks or Canada in the list, maybe other countries/networks also.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Because it hasn't been released in the US or Canada yet.
My son is using my T-Mobile S8 plus and this morning got the Oreo update install request I think he was waiting to put it in a little bit. I'm wondering how soon us here in the US will be getting the Oreo update for the Note 8

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
My son is using my T-Mobile S8 plus and this morning got the Oreo update install request I think he was waiting to put it in a little bit. I'm wondering how soon us here in the US will be getting the Oreo update for the Note 8

I would think very soon. I've been using the leaked firmware for more than a week with no problems.

Craig Okuna

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm not an apple fan At all. But I do admire how they are able to get software updates out so quickly. It's a shame that when the next version of Android becomes available to the masses, the next version is almost ready to be released.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards