Galaxy note heating up

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed that is where it gets warm. But I don't do much anything intensive on it. I was playing something and noticed it was a bit warm, but nothing that I was concerned about. If it is getting too hot to touch I might worry about it.

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine gets a tad warm when gaming for long periods of time but it also gets a bit warm while charging. I personally wouldn't worry about it as long as it doesn't catch fire hehehe

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

feek

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Funny i just experienced my galaxy not gets hot as in hot.. Not warm... Warm means ur cpu is working.. Hot is like ur cpu over working...

Guess what i have now? A $650 phone with screen burn...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

eunn_azkaban

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeah mine too getting heats up when i do play some games around 5mins..try to clean cache from internet n download clean master on playstore..it works at mw..

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
It is probably due to the games you are playing may not be optimized for the cpu/graphics chip inside the note. Also if the game is rendering at 1080p video, which the note can handle from what I have read, that will push the gpu hard as that is not it's native resolution.

Try turning the graphics settings on the game down a notch and see if that helps. PC gamers have to do the same thing if their video cards are pushing graphics that are too intense, and frame rate suffers, then the card heats up a lot.

The note is a phone first and a game console a distant 3rd or 4th. Expect it to get hot when crunching gigapixels like a desktop.

Also, remember the battery will discharge faster while playing graphically intense games because the gpu needs power from somewhere. Just one more source of heat.

So that makes the cpu, the gpu and the battery all producing heat, as well as the screen and probably the memory from data writes. Surprised the phone hasn't locked up on you, forcing a battery pull.

It's not wrong to fondle the s pen.

Shanghaichica1

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Mine does this a lot and I don't do much gaming on it. On the rare occasions that I do play games it's just simple things like angry birds, world of goo, plants vs zombies, tetris. Etc. If I'm on it for more than 20 minutes say surfing the net it will start to get hot. This is why I try not to use it for long periods of time. One day last summer it got so hot it was actually too hot to hold and the battery wouldn't charge because it was saying it was too hot. I had to take the battery out and leave the phone off for a few hours to let it cool down.

Sent from my Galaxy Note using Android Central forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny